“Will I be back? You Betcha!”

The Hub Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 19 Nightlife in Grand Forks
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Finally seeing the NEW Hub Shocked me! Dang! Huge Transformation! Classy! Upscale looking! Clean! We just stopped in for some beverages and an appetizer and greatly appreciated the updated look to this old place. Bravo! Well played!

The fried cheese curds were half price... score! We appreciated the $4.50 price on this hot and tasty little morsel. We thought that they would have been even better with a dipping sauce.

Beverages.... my pint of Dale's was greatly appreciated. The Bloody Mary was alright, but seemed a bit "watered down." We also ordered the Long Island Tea, we won't do that again here. This was "watered down" and nothing like I would expect a Long Island to taste.

Staff seemed less than excited to be here today. They did their jobs effectively, but seemed as if burdened. There were not many people in at this time so they weren't super busy.

I did miss the pool table in the back. I've played a lot of pool in The Hub over the years. I will always miss that table every time I walk through the door. Great memories on that old table.

Will I be back? You betcha! We enjoyed the new decor and you are within a few blocks of home. We'll be back to try more food items and enjoy the comfort of your newly remodeled establishment! Yes, we'll be back! (May 19th 2017)

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here today, it was our first visit. The service was great start to finish. Good selection of beer on tap. We shared the jalapeño cheese curds appetizer and they were great. I got the chicken salad sandwich on wild rice cranberry bread. It was pretty good but nothing extraordinary. No lettuce or tomato on the sandwich, and the bread was a little dry. Fries are separate, and my husband got the waffle fries with his hub burger, which he said was GREAT. I stole a waffle fry and it was delicious, as good as chick fil-a's! The atmosphere was nice but I felt the food prices were a smidge high. If you just go for a drink get the waffle fries though!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Glad they are now open for lunch. Good food. Friendly staff. Been twice now. Will go again. I am a female. I feel comfortable going alone and sitting at bar.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

The atmosphere is fantastic, the staff is great, and the drinks are wonderful....the food....it was okay. The fries with poutine was definitely delicious though.