“Donuts are still great”

The Filling Station
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Shallotte
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I’ve lost count of my visits at this point. The treats are still very delicious. I was disappointed by two things. I wish the staff was more friendly. I think they are missing the boat in that area. The donuts are much smaller now than the first time I visited. A friend turned me on to this place the pic he sent the donuts would not alll fit down in the box. Now they fit no problem with room to spare. Maybe a cost saving move I really don’t know. I will continue to visit but am getting less enthused about it.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing donuts, c-nuts and apple fritter! The apple fritter is our favorite! Chocolate potato chip and maple bacon are fabulous too! Great way to start a morning!

1  Thank Dolly P
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

If you love fancy doughnuts, these are as good as you'll find. A bit pricey, to be sure, but very fresh and well made. I actually prefer basic cake doughnuts, which aren't on the menu. So these were a bit sweet for my taste, but that's just a personal preference. If you like 'em sweet, with flavors you've likely never seen before , you'd love these. We arrived late in the morning, and the selection was limited.
I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.
One review mentioned that the fritters were to die for, and I do have a weakness for fritters. So I'll be back again, but earlier in the day.

1  Thank pafontaine
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Not my thing. All I wanted was a plain donut to dip in my coffee. Everything was loaded with toppings. I ended up with a jelly croissant. Too much jelly. Not going back. We love the Donut Man in Myrtle Beach. 1.00 a big donut !

Reviewed 17 August 2017

From plain glazed to my granddaughter's fav Cookie Monster donut, these are some of the best donuts I've ever had! And OMG get you some of their homemade chicken salad to take to the beach!!