“One of the best meals ever”

The Library Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Sapphire
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

After a day of site seeing in the area we went to the library for dinner. What a great find. The site appears to be an old house that once served as a library (thus the name) and a speak easy. Our dinning
experience was extremely enjoyable. Our server was Cindy and she was on top of all our needs. She shared info on the history of the building and the decor, which was very interesting. My friend and I started our dinner with a bowl of lobster bisque with shrimp and our wives shared an arugola, pear and walnut salad. The wives enjoyed their salad and the lobster bisque was very good. I wish I had some bread to clean the bowl up with. After the starters, Cindy brought us a small scope of mango sorbet with pink pepper corns and strawberry vodka. This was a special treat from management and it was superb. My friend and I both had the 12 oz. ribeye. I cannot remember ever having a better steak. It was cooked perfectly and was so tender it could be cut with a fork. I also had a order of caramelized onion mashed potatoes. There was just enough of a hint of the onion to give it a unique but very delicious taste. We had homemade desserts and an Irish coffee to finish off the experience. One of the best parts of the night was the amount of attention you receive from the staff. It was well above and beyond. The manager came by several times to check on us and even stepped out the front door as we were leaving to thank us, invite us back and wish us a safe trip. The Executive Chef came by our table and spent several minutes talking. Sharing info on the menu and where he gets his inspiration and the local sources they use. As I mentioned, the food was extremely delicious but the staff was what made it such an enjoyable dinning experience. We would highly recommend The Library for dinner. When you check out, they bring your bill in one of the old library books, in the pocket inside the front cover. They also encourage their guest to right in the book and leave a message about their experience. What a novel idea. Sorry couldn't resist. Will definitely visit again

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Celebrated my birthday here last weekend and will definitely be back! This restaurant is perfect. The atmosphere, service and food are all top notch. Literally everything we ordered was delicious. We started with the brie and cranberry fondue. My husband had the rib eye special; fabulous. I had the arugula/kale salad and the seafood risotto; yum.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely evening here and the service and food was great. The restaurant is bright and full of character. The menu is varied and wine list is fun and reasonably priced. The food itself is delicious so kudos to chef Johannes and his team.

Tip - spend the night across the road at the Hampton inn .. maybe a touch too far to safely walk to and from the restaurant but very convenient.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I decided I would add my photos in reverse becase each time I go from App to Entree to Dessert it just gets better. The apple and pear cobbler is to die for, wait no it’s not, I need more, death is on hold. The chicken pot pie, well let me just say its the perfect portion for me, I like to watch what I eat, no thats a lie... I like to eat what I see so this is the perfect portion to keep me on a good living track. Last but not least my starter the Shrimp, Crab, Ricotta-Spinach dip, another perfect portion to share or slight indulgence of the taste buds and if you’re not into seafood then I would suggest the Venison-Beef chili with local mushrooms, dried cherries and truffled sour cream. Go see the friendliest staff, the best food and the most spotless kitchen in 28774 and tell them Scott sent ya.

1  Thank SaltLifeAdventurer
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The staff is above and beyond excellent! Liz is so great and my kids can’t wait to see her again! New friend! :) Jennifer was a great server and gave us lots of family friendly suggestions of things to do. Very happy place!