“Wedding Ceremony and Reception ”

Green River Plantation
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were blessed to be able to have our wedding at such a beautiful place! The weather was perfect and had an outside ceremony on the front lawn beside the Lilly pond. And our reception was outside under their pavilion! Amanda and Rebecca are wonderful to work with and help you with every detail they can! They are great about keeping in touch and keeping you on point about what all needs to be done! They are definitely professional at what they do!
We went with their recommendations for live music, DJ, and florist and all were absolutely perfect! Amanda made our cake and cupcakes which were so delicious and moist! And they also provides heavy ordoives that were quite yummy too!
We also had rehearsal dinner there and they made the grooms cake! Since they did so much there it made it super easy on a stressful bride to know that they were taking care of so much!
Overall, my wedding was better than I imagined it could be and I got the outside vintage wedding of my dreams!
Definitely recommend getting married here! Amanda and Rebecca, thanks for all you two did!

Reviewed 23 April 2015

We went on the tour of the Green River Plantation today and it was amazing. Amanda Cantrell was a delight. We did not know we needed to make reservations, but she was willing to take the time to give us the tour. She shared a wealth of knowledge and history about the plantation. I would highly recommend this tour...just call ahead to make a reservation!

1  Thank JohnsGirl12
Reviewed 2 January 2015

We were married at Green River Plantation on 9/6/2008 and it was an awesome experience! They offer a full-service package at a very reasonable rate (believe me I checked lots of other places out and none of them compared), from rehersal dinner and overnight stay for the wedding party the night before, to my bridal brunch the morning of the wedding and the ceremony (including my horse-drawn carriage ride) and reception. ALL the food was awesome including the cake! We stayed with them again on our 5th anniversary and everything was perfect again! Amanda and Ellen are great to work with and provide an excellent, worry-free wedding experience!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We've been to several weddings and events held at Green River Plantation. The service epitomizes southern charm and the food is always delicious. The portions are generous, too. Real southern cooking and more than enough sweet tea to go around. Don't forget the desserts - they always come with a meal: fresh fruit cobblers, homemade cakes, and other treats. If you're going as a day trip, take the tour because it's a guided one and you'll have a blast learning about this beautiful old plantation estate. Be sure to call in advance since the tours must be scheduled. In the spring and through the fall the grounds come alive with gorgeous greenery and flowers. It's a welcoming, charming historic property and the owners and staff bend over backwards to make your visit or event a memorable one. Green River Plantation comes highly recommended.