Riviera B&B
US$93
Official Hotel
US$158
US$108
Mercure Gold Coast Resort(Carrara)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
  • Pool
Earls Court Motor Inn(Southport)(Great Value!)
Mantra at Sharks(Southport)
US$96
US$90
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge(Labrador)(Great Value!)
Sundale Motel(Southport)
US$79
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Spa
All reviewsrainbow lorikeetsother guestshis passionthe gold coastbeautiful propertya lovely staylate at nightfrench crepesstayed longerlounge areasurfers paradisehost carolinebushlandaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, beautiful people.
It’s a home away from home.
Had a glass of wine while watching the birds eat, entertainment from a great young pianist and a home cooked gluten free dairy free muffin that was to die for.
They really are a friendly and accommodating couple.
Better than a hotel. 4 thumbs up.

Stayed: November 2017
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We booked for 5 and stayed for 7 days in this beautiful old Queenslander situated in a garden oasis. Beautiful breakfasts, plenty of space and close to everything this is the place to go if you want respite from the chaos of Surfers Paradise.
The hosts are great fun as was the opportunity to meet other travellers over French crepes and omelette amongst the bird life
Thanks

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. Loved the food. Appreciated being treated like family and meeting so many like minded lovely travellers at breakfast and dinner.
What a gorgeous couple who run this B and B! They spoke to me in French the whole time so I could practice.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2017

When I booked a non-refundable overnight stay at this lovely b&b through Expedia, I made a mistake. I had mixed up the dates, or by pressing the back button lost my original entry. By the time I realised, it was too late.
So I rang Riviera b&b directly and told Caroline my story. Don't worry, I was told, we arrange this internally. Si I did not loose my initial payment to Expedia and turned up with my wife 3 months later.
The accommodation is a large Queenslander in the hills not far behind the Gold Coast, about 30 mins drive from the Coolangatta airport. Very, very pretty and clean.
Though it was only a one night stay for us, attending a wedding near by that evening, we thoroughly enjoyed our hosts Caroline and Robert (his French accent is beautiful).
In the morning we had a tremendous breakfast and lovely conversation together with the other guests and Caroline after the local birds have had their major feast. What a show.
We felt very comfortable during our short stay and are seriously considering to visit again for a couple of nights in the not too distant future, since it is only a two hours flight away from Melbourne.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r_stanzel
Carrie53_11, Owner at Riviera B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

You are too sweet, Raynor! We enjoyed your colourful presence with us even more and are glad you are wanting to grace us with your presence on yet another visit 'in the not too distant future'. Yes, breakfast interaction with other guests is usually a delight for all parties and I am happy you found this to be. So glad you only had a very short trip of 8 minutes to your wedding venue of Coolibah Downs by staying here. It was an ideal location for the wedding you it seems considering the shortness of your visit, Yes, it's true that the birds can put on a wonderful show at breakfast time and I am happy you enjoyed that aspect as well as the others you mentioned. Next time, don't forget the French Dinner! Thank you to both of you for being such appreciative guests. Warmest, Caroline PS For non-French-speakers, the heading says 'I do not regrette anything'.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

I stayed one night at Riviera B&B located at Gilston near Nerang and only 30 minutes from Surfers Paradise. I wish I had stayed longer, but was at the Coast for just two days for a training course. Riviera will be my preferred accommodation next time I go to the Coast. The establishment occupies a spacious Queensland style home from earlier times. It is attractively appointed with décor reflecting the French origins of the owners, Carolyn and Rob. I found the hosts eager to please and efficient in serving the guests. I took the $10 breakfast that consisted of cereals, toast & jam and coffee. The jam was delightful, made by the host who is a French chef. Breakfast was on the balcony overlooking the extensive backyard surrounded by rain forest. We were accompanied by kookaburras, butcher birds, drongos, cockatoos, corellas, and lorikeets all come for the breakfast Carolyn set out for them. The room was comfortable. I slept in a four poster bed with mosquito net. The bathroom was just down the hall. Highly recommended affordable accommodation in a location convenient to the Gold Coast.

Stayed: May 2017
Carrie53_11, Owner at Riviera B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

What a generous review, John! I am deeply touched and very grateful for your lovely presentation of your experience for just that one night and morning. You did it so welll, I think I need to take you on as my Marketing Man! Thank you so so much for your thoughtful description of your time here. Caroline