“Great place to meet friends”

4 Hearts Brewing Pumpyard Bar And Brewery
Ranked #3 of 324 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Description: The first brewery in Ipswich since 1903. We are a real working brewery. We stock our own beer, guest beers, cider, wine, spirits and more. We do great food with local flavours at a reasonable cost. Our building is a 100 year old TAFE building on the site of Ipswich's first well, hence the Pumpyard. The site of Ipswich's first watering hole!
Reviewed 22 September 2018

A somewhat loud atmosphere but this should deter. Interesting selection of craft beers with healthy food options . A great place to meet friends

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Had lunch today with my wife and daughter nice looking place service is great food was nice staff friendly value for money they have there own beers and ciders I tried a blueberry sour it lived up to its name . We would definitely call back in next time were out that way

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We enjoyed Father’s Day this year here. The food was excellent added with different beers etc:-.they have music played by our local musicians.
Beer 5\5...Food 5\5...Service 5\5...Venue 5/5.....

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank roddy_mcfarlane
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We have visited this brewery a few times before, but not lately, so this is our latest review. We came here for lunch and had a very nice meal. We chose the platter of meats and cheese to share. It was very tasty - only could have wished for a little more bread and some butter to go on it. Accompanied by two Challenger IPAs, what more can you ask on a fine spring day?

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I popped in as I'm staying literally a few mins around the corner.

Great vibe. Great layout with a mix of inside and outside areas.

I opted for the $15 tasting paddle. And the best thing is you choose the 4 x beers! It's not dictated.

I did get a New World Pilsner on a recommendation. Glad I did. Don't usually like these, but this one was a cracker!

Pale Ale is very easy drinking and the Red IPA, can't point my finger on elements of the lingering taste. But it's mean. And by mean, I mean terrific and it packs a punch although this doesn't come through on the taste. And it's the beer of the month @$7 per schooner. Although, I'm typing this in on the 31st of August.

And last, but not least, Coal Miners Stout, as black as coal And as exactly as listed in the tasting notes. Brilliant smokey after taste which caused me to literally say f#$%ing hell! It's that good.

And one final beer, not in my 4, but chosen for the name, Pith Off Citrus IPA. Yes, chosen for a name, and I'm glad I did. A beer that would be great after a long day, it's refreshing, tasty and again 4Hearts, you disguise great tasting, easy drinking beers with large alcohol %! Testament to great brewing. And now, I'm hit with a mild, but appreciated after taste of honey!

And....taa daa. All beers are priced at pot, schooner, pint, jug and growler! How good is that!

Growlers are really well priced and yes, I'm getting one. Perth, WA brewers, take note, this is how you price beers and growler refills. But I can't stay angry at you.... as I still live there.

Food menu is great! Great selections of beer friendly foods at great prices. Cocktails, ciders, wine and spirits are also available. One stop shop for your drinking and eating. With friendly staff. I initially ticked 4 stars. But I've decided to give a 5! Well deserved team!

Cheers