“Pathetic chief”

Sleepy Lagoon Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Tin Can Bay
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Food was ok steak cold requested extra chips only to receive half a hand full went back asked for more even after asking the first time willing to pay extra only to have some egotistical smart mouth chief say I’m a winger bitch nice place pathetic chief who needs to grow up as I left acted like a child after I paid for my family’s 3 meals $110 dollars wow this needs improvement as at that cost the amount of chips are a joke

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Close proximity for my stay, dropped in for a beer & I was needing some tucker, went for the 300g Rump, chips & salad, reading some of the above reviews I’m unsure if I was @ the same establishment, staff were friendly & welcoming, considering I can get the same feed elsewhere @ 1/2 the price, pretty ordinary, didn’t go back to try the pizza, had one @ Tin Can Bay Pizza instead. Was worth the walk, really good.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

The Supreme Snitzel was excellent - lots of olives, garlic, ham, pineapple and cheese - yummy. The calamari was good with great fries. Great value for money.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

Booked for a 2 night stay with family via a booking website. Easy check in and helpful management. Room was tidy, if not a little tight for 4 people. Clean facilities and a good shower. Beds were comfortable.

BBQ facility was a bonus, with utensils, oil etc. provided.

Good position slightly away from the Main Street, but easy walk to the local shop for supplies.

The AC was noisy but functional. The smoking area was incorporated into the BBQ area, just outside our room. I found it a bit odd that smokers would be allocated a space at an eating area.

All in all a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Active, helpful management. We would stay here again if we were to come back to this area.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 17 December 2020

Calamari was very oily and old oil tasting. Pizza was ok, cabonara had too much sauce and fettuccine was not used.

Very average meals.