“Great All-Around”

Snow Mountain Creamery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Xining
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: We also have excellent coffee drinks and delicious American food that fits perfectly with ice cream. If you're looking for a great burger SMC is the place to go! Our ice cream is the best in Qinghai and here is why... Snow Mountain Creamery follows the long tradition of handcrafted, premium American ice cream. Our ice cream is made locally and each scoop comes packed with the finest all natural ingredients from Qinghai, China and around the world. Our ice cream is perfectly natural with no added artificial colors or flavors.
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

i was visiting a buddy and he took me here. fantastic ice cream - best I’ve had in China! great atmosphere and decor, too!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this place in all four seasons, with big groups and small, and there has never been a time when it has been anything but excellent. :)

Kellie M, Owner at Snow Mountain Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

You're always welcome Aubrey! We are thankful for your review!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The first thing I noticed when I walked in the door was everything is clean and in good repair. It looks inviting, a good place to relax. Large mural paintings show Tibetan scenes. The menu includes Yak burgers! You can order a tasty meal, or try interesting ice cream flavors, or just have a coffee.

I ordered the Yak burger just for the novelty of it. Reminded me of bison meat. As an American who likes to have a hamburger fairly often this was a nice break from all the Chinese food I've had lately. The fries were crispy and hot and also tender inside.

For dessert, I had a scoop of Yak Track ice cream and another of their Salted Caramel Peanut in a cup. Both were really good but I'll have two scoops of the Salted Caramel Peanut next time - yum!!!

The management is friendly and hospitable. When you stop by tell them you read my review and Eddie says hello. :)

Kellie M, Owner at Snow Mountain Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Eddie, Thanks for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to give it. Come back anytime for more Salted Caramel Peanut, it's one of my favs too!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I live on the opposite side of town, so going here is only for special occasions, but my friends and I always look forward to a meal here with childlike excitement. This small burger/ice cream place is the only of its kind in this city, but I would still rank it higher than most places I've eaten in America. The yak burgers and chicken are wonderful, but the ice cream is downright incredible. 10/10 a must-go

Kellie M, Owner at Snow Mountain Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you Aubrey! We really appreciate your great review. We also always appreciate when people make the trek from the west side.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

The place was amazing. Was a big and spacious inside with lots of natural light. Food was excellent and ice cream I have no words for. This western restaurant is really western in taste and standards compared to most of the Chinese places. Ice cream was truly rich and authentic in taste. This has really added great western treat in Xining. Great Job I wish I can come back to Xining and eat here again.

Kellie M, Owner at Snow Mountain Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank you Ashok! We are so glad you enjoyed your time at SMC, definitely come back!