“Wonderful Food, Excelent Service, and Reasonable Prices”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This restaurant at the north edge of the Raleigh downtown area, continues to be one of the best of its kind! Service is excellent and the menu is varied and provides a number of specials as well as expected dishes. If in the area and looking for great meal at reassonable prices, this is definitely a place to try!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018

It was Saturday night toward the end of the dinner crowd, but still full and we managed to get a table. The service was attentive but didn't have a lot of personality. A bit noisy because the tables are close and it is a loud room. The kitchen was very slow, I don't know if it was because the dinner service was winding down or if they are just slow. The food was worth the wait. It was cooked just right, served nicely and there were ample portions. We had appetizers, dinner and deserts and were not disappointed. I would recommend putting it on your list.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

When I drink a cocktail, I like to taste the flavor and the texture of it with no big ice cub in my glass.
When I eat, I appreciate a cosy place where I can enjoy my meal with no sweater, no scarf... Could you explain to me why in winter the restaurant put air conditioning?
If I’m cold, how could I appreciate what I eat?
Except this two points, everything was good, the quality and the quantity of the food. The staff was friendly and professional.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We have dined at 18 Seaboard before. Food was up to par but they must have changed kitchen staff. An extremely long wait for main course and then two of the meals were returned because meats were not cooked to requested preferences. While the restaurant was busy, there did not appear to be “an over flow of customers.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

18 Seaboard, located off Peace Street, is a great combination fun bar scene and moderately priced dining. My favorite seating is the ringed booths that seat 2-4 comfortably,
Lots of apps, salads and small plates and a full array of contemporary American cuisine. Excellent fish, steak and pork dishes!
My disappointment tonight was Catfish, but not because of the fish. The presentation was entirely off . . . the delicious catfish on a bed of flavorless marble-shaped potatoes. No color; terrible presentation. I got over this because I enjoyed the fish, but would it be too awful to add some fried spinach, garlic spinach, zuchinni? Something green? Or perhaps beets?
The service more than compensated for the disappointing presentation. Jordan was a delight - professional, fun and attentive.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to 18 Seaboard? Share your experiences!