“Nice view. Bad food, Overpriced drinks.”

The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Isles, the area's only oceanfront restaurant and Tiki bar, proudly features fine cuisine using only the freshest regional ingredients. From private romantic dinners and family gatherings to banquets, wedding receptions, and corporate events, our serene atmosphere comfortably provides the perfect ambiance for all of your dining needs.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Sunset over the beach was gorgeous. Fish PoBoy was mushy and tasteless. Rum Runners were $9 each and watery. Won't return.

1  Thank tuowl74
TheIslesRestaurant, Manager at The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello tuowl74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're extremely sorry that the food was not to your satisfaction. We strive to provide a friendly and delicious experience for all of our guests and are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will utilize your comments as a learning tool to improve the overall guest experience. We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us a second chance so that we may provide you with a delicious meal.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I had stopped by this place for lunch while island hopping back in March. Sat out on the balcony and had a terrific lunch of shrimp tacos and a specialty drink while ocean breezes blew. Enjoyed the ambiance so much I had to go back with friends in October when celebrating my friend's birthday. Dinner was just as terrific. Warm bread, delicious appetizers and huge portions for dinner. Everyone loved their meals. The staff were fun and kept us smiling throughout the evening. The Isles will be a regular stop every trip to OIB!

1  Thank beachthoughts

Hello beachthoughts,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at the Isles Restaurant. I am pleased to hear that the staff was fun and kept you smiling throughout the evening and that you enjoyed the food at dinner as much as your previous lunch. We always love to celebrate special occasions with our guests! I do hope the rest of your trip to Ocean Isle Beach was just as memorable. We would truly love to have the pleasure of serving you again!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Stopped by one afternoon for drinks and peel and eat shrimp. Nice outdoor view of pool and beach. Excellent shrimp and refreshing beverages.

1  Thank haleytscc
TheIslesRestaurant, Manager at The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello haleytscc,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at the Isles Restaurant. I am pleased to hear that your shrimp was excellent and the beverages were refreshing. I do hope the rest of your trip to Ocean Isle Beach was just as memorable. We would truly love to have the pleasure of serving you again!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We chose this place because it seemed like a nice place to go for our anniversary dinner. We dressed up a little, not much. We arrived to waitresses in jean shorts. It was off season and all but dead inside with the exception of a family birthday party of maybe 20 people. We were sat at the bar area and were literally the ONLY people around the entire time we were there. The waitress was nice and friendly but not around a lot. We saw her just a few times and most of which was around time for the check(when we received the wrong total on our bill, but we'll get to that in a minute.) My husband had the appetizer of peel and eat shrimp which he said was great. We never received bread of any kind. He ordered the $25 New York strip, medium rare. He received a medium well, bland steak. He was given NO options for sides (nor are there any listed in the menu). His plate came with the most plain, bland mashed potatoes either of us have ever seen and a couple pieces of asparagus. I ordered the pasta Alfredo with chicken for $17. Nothing else at all came with this. No bread, no salad, NOTHING. And I am not exaggerating when I say it was the BLANDEST thing I have ever eaten in my life. No seasoning of any kind. Just blah. I was really excited about the Krispy kreme bread pudding I had read about online. Nowhere online did I see anything about peaches but on the menu in the restaurant it includes poached peaches. It wasn't possible for them to make it without peaches so I didn't get to try that. At the end of our "meal", we were brought the check for a total of $74. Obviously the bill was incorrect and finally found our waitress and had her fix the total. Also, the ENTIRE time we were there, the tv's had the tv guide up, nothing else. Not impressed, won't be back.

1  Thank Erica L

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're extremely sorry for the inconveniences you faced during your anniversary dinner. We have shared your comments with our entire management team so that the issues may be resolved immediately. We strive to provide a friendly and delicious experience for all of our guests and what you encountered is unacceptable. We will utilize your comments as a learning tool to better improve customer service and experience. We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us a second chance so that we may provide a better experience for you.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Way good place, food is prett good, good food and stuff, I liked it, it was good and every thing was good

Hello Russ B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at the Isles Restaurant. I am pleased to hear that everything was great. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Ocean Isle Beach as well. We would truly love to have the pleasure of serving you again!