US$125
Quality Inn(Andrews)
US$93
US$134
Hampton.com
Best Western Of Murphy(Murphy)
US$156
US$139
Days Inn by Wyndham Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$165
US$161
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Robbinsville)(Great Value!)
US$81
QualityInn
Phillips Motel(Robbinsville)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$129
US$110
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Lake Chatuge Lodge(Hiawassee)(Great Value!)
US$134
All reviewsdog parknice campgroundnice poolhistoric downtowntent campingpeace valleyrvwalmartlaundrycreekgravelcasino
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This is a very clean, everyone was so friendly. Great place for family camping., and even seniors to camp. Love the place. Was there over # years ago and have recommended to many people whom have had a great time.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We did not actually stay at this KOA, but we had planned to evacuate here when Hurricane Irma was being predicted to hit our area. The management worked with us to help us get booked into one of their cabins, with no deposit and no cancellation fees. We ended up cancelling our stay because we decided to stay locally, per the advice of our local emergency management team, but we are so very grateful for this KOA's willingness to help us out when we needed it. We hope to visit this location in the future! Thank you again!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

While on a tour of the southern states of America from Scotland we stayed at Murphy peace for a few nights. My 2 teenage boys loved the Pool and games room & loved the fact that we were located right next to the river. Staff were very friendly & helpful when asked questions about the area. Got a great tip to take the boys to Nantahala Forest which was about 30mins drive away. Laundry was a god send due to dirty teenager and very reasonably priced and open 24 hours. There is also a walmart about 5 mins away to stock up on provisions. WiFi was great to. Can't fault this place at all. Thank you for making us welcome.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here a few weeks while I attended the Folk School nearby.

What we liked:
1. Clean and quiet surroundings; lots of trees
2. Exceptionally gracious and helpful staff; kudos to Matt, the owner, and Malou at the front desk
3. Nice laundry room and bathhouse
4. On the banks of the Peace Valley River
5. Near Walmart (1.3 miles) yet the camp is in the country
6. Near restaurants and shopping and historic downtown Murphy
7. Level camp spots and fairly lengthy for big rigs
8. Near to outdoor sports like river rafting, kayaking, zip lines, hiking, lots of fishing
9. So nice to fall asleep in your RV without a streetlight shining through the window
10. Some of the RV spots and (nearly) all of the tent spots are right on the river
11. If you like thrifting and flea markets, this is the place for you; there are more than half a dozen thrift shops within 2-5 miles of the park. We visited three flea markets in the area too. All of these are south of the park, that is, south of Murphy.

What we didn’t like:
1. Like most modern RV parks, they cram a lot of RVs into a small spot; but I have seen worse than this.

Would we return? Yes.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Matt W, Pool guy at Murphy / Peace Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you. All very well said. Thankfully this campground has been in operation since 1980. First as River Bend, then Peace Valley, and now a KOA. Would you believe there are the same number of sites now as then? And in the 80's-2000's RV's were a tad smaller than now......Back then it seemed like there was a half mile between you and the site next to you. There were also 2 trees here, now there are 50....Today, wow, some RV's are ginormous as are the trucks pulling them (and motorhomes) and we welcome them all. We certainly make a daily effort to maintain eash sites 'personal space' because we understand that's important. Our other option would to be eliminate sites...but with only 40 FHU sites, and camping season being 8 ish months of the year, it's a tough choice.
We are flattered that we seemed modern and our infrastructure is. It's a constant 'battle' maintaining 40 sites built in the 70's to now accommodate larger 2017 RV's.
Thank you again Ginny, your comments are spot on. We hear that things get better with age and that's our goal everyday.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Some folks (like me) have kids that love camping but also love amenities like bathrooms and swimming pools. Some folks (like me) are nervous about backcountry camping, being inexperienced in it, especially with an equally inexperienced child. Some folks (like me), just want to have the trip planned out and any quick overnight stops handled ahead of time.

If you're folk like me, then you'll LOVE the Peace Valley KOA.

It's mostly an RV park, but they do have six tent sites. All of the sites are primitive (fire ring, no water, no electric), but they're nicely cleared out for tents and contain gorgeous massive trees for hammocks. Also, all but one of the campsites are creekside, and it's a wonderful creek: fast-moving (aka not stagnant, aka no/few mosquitos), stocked monthly by the game division in the area so you can fish for dinner, picturesque, soothing.

I was registered for Tent Site 1, but they gave me the option of other sites (I chose another site). I didn't get photos of it, but it looked like there were enough trees there, nicely spaced, for a small group hang. Tent Site 2 (which was taken by a tent camper), looked like it might have had a spot good for a hammock, same for site 3. Tent Site 4, where I ended up staying, had a few trees, three of which were spaced nicely for hammocks. One of the trees had some bare branches up high, but on the "non-hammock" side, so I wasn't too worried about widowmakers. (More about site 4 in a moment). Site 5 had some great trees, but a couple of them looked way too scary to hang under (potential widowmakers galore), and site 6, if I remember correctly, didn't have optimal tree spacing.

That said, I think every site could be good for a hanger or two. We chose Tent Site 4, though, because two of the trees were both perfectly spaced AND right at the edge of the hill overlooking the creek.

Across from the tent sites are a water pump and a trash can. During the night, I heard what sounded like a cute, fuzzy animal calling out, but I didn't investigate. I figured it would have just run away anyhow. I'm guessing it was trying to get into the trash can. So between the tent campers who had all of their coolers all over their campsite, me having my food locked in the car, and the trash can across the way, I wasn't too worried about animals bothering me during the night.

In fact, my worst problem was the rooster across the creek who woke me up at 3:45 AM, and 4:30 AM, and 5:30 AM, and 7:00 AM.

Anyhow, if you're on your way from north Georgia, heading to Fontana Lake and the Tail of the Dragon, and need a nice spot to hang for the night, Peace Valley KOA is very nice. If you're looking for a few nights where kids can swim, you can fish, and you're close to the Smokies and other fun, Peace Valley KOA is still very nice!

I've attached a few pictures. Happy hanging!

Room Tip: Hammock camping? Any site will work, but sites 1 and 4 seem to be the best.
Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family