“Great Carvery”

The Heathfield Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Birkenshaw
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Description: Family friendly restaurant and pub, kids distraction zone, adult only section, breakfast served from 8am-11am daily, main menu and carvery served daily from 11am.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Visited around 18:00 Monday 31st May. Fantastic service from everyone. Caroline serving at the carvery was very friendly and generous with the servings.

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Heathfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Thank you so much EJ, your kind words really do mean a lot to us. We hope to see you back again to see us and Caroline very soon

Write a reviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed 24 May 2021

After enjoying takeaway food from here during lockdown, it was great to be able to sit in and dine .
I visited with a friend , we were asked to complete track and trace and shown to a table . I had the ultimate ploughman’s which has hot roast gammon , a warm mini cottage loaf with cheese, sausage roll and pickles , it was delicious.
My friend had lamb shanks with mash and veg with a jug of gravy , she said the lamb was so tender and tasty! We finished off with coffee and cakes to takeaway . Excellent friendly service and a clean safe environment made for an enjoyable lunch

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Heathfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Karen! Thank you so much this positive feedback really makes our day. Thank you again, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2021

The staff did their best in what was a somewhat chaotic environment. There appears to have been no reduction in tables to create acceptable distance between diners. I expect the operators shall say they comply with Covid requirements but it certainly didn't feel like it!
On the up side the food (carvery) was good and the staff were helpful.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for your comments regarding our food and service. I can assure you that all tables have been socially distanced throughout the restaurant. If you ever feel like this is not the case please speak to
a manager

Reviewed 20 May 2021

Our first outing in months and glad to have chosen this eatery first. It was nice to have a gammon steak with no fat. Need I say any more.

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Heathfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

After months of lockdown the visit was fantastic! The food was great, the carvery was varied, well cooked and delicious. My husband had a burger and loved it too. It was incredibly busy, we couldn't believe it. It was a really nice, safe atmosphere. The only negatives I have were I tried to book a table on the app and nothing came up. Tried to call from 11am (opening time) and after multiple calls no one answered (17 calls) and I send a facebook message and have still currently heard nothing but when we got there there were tables available. Also my husbands burger came out and I had not been called for my carvery, understandable given the current climate dispite other carverys timing menu meals with carvery meals. Also after choosing your carvery meats and veggies a server takes it to your table... which was a little confusing as to take it to your own table limits the server and you touching your plate (i can only assume the need for this being Covid related) but then adding a random waiter taking your food to the table (follows you) was a little confusing. All in all a good experience and the food was great!

Date of visit: May 2021

Lovely to read your comments about your experience, I'll make sure to pass them on to the rest of the team. I’m sorry about the rocky start I’m glad to hear all ended up being great