All reviewsbeach shuttlegolf cart shuttlecontinental breakfastbagelssurf shoproom was cleanexterior doorthe main highwaysmall hotelthird floorone night staythe staff was super friendlykey cardpublic beach accessouter banksshort walk to the beachoff season
Reviewed 2 April 2018

When we booked this hotel, it said there were no hidden charges. We were given a price, and told that this would be what we were charged. Surprise, there was an extra charge of $60, making this hotel cost way more than it should have. We were told it was because we used a debit card, which we did not. The staff was very nice here, and there was a continental breakfast. I am on a pureed diet, but can normally eat yogurt. Unfortunately, this hotel didn't have yogurt, so I had to have ensure. I know it's not the hotel's fault, but it was very disappointing to me, because it has been years since I saw a continental breakfast that didn't have yogurt.

To get to the rooms on the first floor, you have to walk down a long, not very nice, hall. The rooms are large, but not wonderful, and there are none of those sheer curtains so you can't open the drapes unless you want everyone looking in.

All in all, the workers were very nice, which is why I gave it three stars, but I was upset about the extra charges, and we've paid less money for much better rooms in other hotels.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine L
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Ms. Katherine! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind and honest feedback about your experience during your stay at our hotel. As I have mentioned during our conversation, since you booked your stay via a 3rd party site, we do require a credit card for incidentals. We put a $60 hold to your card during your stay and will release it upon check out. The $60 hold is not a charge at all. It will reflect back or simply would go away on your statement. I’ve noted the feedback on the continental breakfast and will definitely look into it as we always try to improve our service and amenities. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Budget accommodations on the Outer Banks are hard to come by. I ended up here on a weekend, Friday night through Sunday night. Friday and Saturday night rate was about $90, including tax. That is quite a bit more than I like to pay for one person. Sunday night was a much more reasonable $64. The room is very nice. The double bed, there are two, was extremely comfortable. The mattress was nice and firm, just the way I like it. In addition to the two beds, there is a round table with two upholstered chairs, an open closet with four additional storage cubicles. Two of the cubicles are used for a small refrigerator and microwave. A good size TV is sitting on top of a long low dresser type piece of furniture with two large deep drawers. Furniture is all in excellent condition. There is also a small coffee maker next to the TV and a large night table between the beds. Room is well lit with a double lamp above the night table, a wall lamp above the low dersser and a recessed ceiling lamp. A telephone and an alarm clock are located on the night table. Room is heated and cooled with a through the wall unit. There are three attractive pictures on the walls. There is also a wall mirror over the previosly mentioned low dresser. Bathroom is very large and well kept. Sturdy grab bars in the tub/shower combo are very helpul. I wish more places had them. Plenty of hot water, decent pressure from the shower head. The head is a bit low for me but, as a tall person, this is nothing new to me. Towels are of good quality. Personal size toiletries are provided. Walls in both the room and bath are nicely painted with no chipping or peeling. Room carpet could use a good cleaning. But it is the end of the season and I am sure they probably do it yearly once things quiet down. The desk staff with whom I dealt were all very pleasant. Continental breakfast fare is provided. All in all, a decent place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank ELHS220
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you for kind words and honest feedback about our hotel and our staff. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay and your visit to the Outer Banks.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed for few nights last month, as a couple. On arrival were greeted by a lovely lady (sorry forgot name but she originated from Germany). Very knowledgeable staff and helpful. Rooms clean and tidy. Good price for what you get and the location is great. Breakfast as you would expect. Air con good. Had a lovely stay and we would be back......if we lived closer!
Thanks for the tip of the weeping radish brewery :-)

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Hi Kat34, thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and positive feedback about our staff and your experience during your stay. I hope that you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Friendly staff, very basic breakfast offerings, and convenient location. Be aware there is no elevator in this hotel but you can request to be on the first floor. Beds are clean but firm and the air conditioner is close to the bed.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Timothy C
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Timothy! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and positive feedback about our staff and your experience during your stay.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Picked this hotel based on rating, location and price to support National Aviation Day at the Wright Memorial. As others have noted, some repairs and updates are needed. For us the mattress and pillows need to be replaced to be comfortable, and breakfast selection is very limited in a small space (three tables). WiFi not strong enough to work in room. However, clean, friendly and location great to the Wright Memorial.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill D
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Bill, thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your honest feedback. We do take all feedback seriously and apply corrective actions when needed. Rest assure we will address this as an off season project. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our staff and service.