Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Destinia.com
US$85
Expedia.comUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
BestWestern.comUS$89
All reviews great stay in town the breakfast area staff was very friendly desk clerk christi nc dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Ice machine on 2nd floor broken. Moth and bug found in room. Stains on sheets. Remote control not working but front desk did not have any more batteries. Just an old hotel w no leadership. Cloth was wrapped around the sprinkler in the room. Front desk worker was asleep at the desk. Out of everything. No staff. Will not stay there ever again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Dear Keyz8503,

Thank you for rating our location well in this TripAdvisor review, though I'm saddened to know that your experience here was not one that completely met with your expectations. I do hope you rested well and that your overall trip to our area was a good one. I'm sorry for the extensive discomforts that you felt while you were our guest, though, as well as for the troubles that you had in connecting with our team members during your stay. I sincerely apologize that we weren't able to address any of the concerns that you had and I assure you that this is not the type of lodging experience that we'd hope to offer to any guest. We'd love to have the chance to serve you again in the future and I hope you'll find your further experiences to be much more satisfactory. If I may ever be of further assistance to you in any way, please reach out to me directly at (252) 331-7751 .

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Disappointed. Room and facilities were ok. But not very clean or well maintained. Staff was courteous. The hallways were dirty. Lamps and other things in the room were dusty. Several items in the room were broken or not functioning at all. Fortunately we were only staying one night and the bed was good and we got a good night sleep. But the place does need some work. Hopefully they do that soon.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear bk12345678911,

We appreciated receiving your balanced feedback in this TripAdvisor review, and it was certainly our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel when you visited this part of North Carolina. Thank you for mentioning that you were pleased with the design and décor of our facilities, as well as with the friendly service that you received from our staff while you were here. It's also wonderful to hear that you had an excellent night of rest in one of our comfortable beds. I am saddened, though, to know that not everything about your experience here met with your expectations. I apologize for the things that you noted within your room as being in need of attention from our housekeeping and maintenance staff, as well as for the fact that we didn't have the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. I will go over your feedback with our entire team and I do hope you'll be willing to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We'd love to have you back and we'll work hard to ensure that your next visit is one that's worthy of a full 5-star rating.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Room and elevator smelled of cigarette smoke. Also marijuana smell in hallway. Room is old and dirty. Hotel needs a total overhaul. Awful experience. Stay away from this hotel. Best Western corporation should be aware that this hotel is awful, foul, smelly and dirty.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

Dear Andrew,

While your feedback is greatly appreciated, I do want to apologize for the fact that your experience at our property was so substandard. It is always our goal to ensure that we're meeting with or exceeding the high quality standards that have been set by other hotels in our brand, and I am saddened that we failed to achieve this mission during your most recent stay. I am deeply sorry to hear that you found the scent of smoke within our building, as well as for the other concerns that you had with regard to our dedication to cleanliness. I offer my apologies that our team members were not able to work to ensure that any of the problems that you faced were addressed and I will continue to review your comments from this review with all of our staff. I hope you'll be willing to give our brand, and our hotel, the chance to serve you again in the future. We'd love to be able to offer you a much more satisfactory experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Dingy and run down. Don’t believe the pictures online.
A fresh coat of paint is the only thing helping the aesthetics of this hotel.
There is definitely a smell of weed in the hallways.
Our king room - half the lights didn’t work.
Bathroom was super tiny and bathroom door had water damage and a big hole.
Bed looked like someone had already slept in the top. Checked the pillows and sheets - stains.
Oh, coffee maker ... no provided coffee - found a used pod inside coffee makes
We were inside room for 15 minutes and decided to leave.
The clerk didn’t even question why we wanted to leave. I think she had this happen before! She was very polite and check us out without issue.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear astanley,

I was terribly sorry to learn that you were not confident in completing your planned stay at our hotel. While I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant interaction with a member of our front desk staff during the time you spent at our property, I am saddened to learn that you were not impressed with our facilities. Further, I'm sorry to know that you were offered a guest room that had clearly not been properly prepared, nor inspected, prior to your arrival. Your satisfaction will always be of the utmost importance to us and I hope you'll be willing to give our brand and our hotel another chance to serve you in the future. We'd love to work to earn your loyalty back by offering you a much more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

I would NOT recommend this hotel. The cleanliness of the room was the worst part of my stay. My "clean" TV remote had hair strands and dirt on it which showed me that it had not been cleaned. In addition, I had to use my own personal cleaning wipes to wipe down surfaces including the bathroom which had visible dirt. In addition, I found a roach in my room, the hallway smelled like weed smoke, and my neighbors had loud music playing during the day. The hot water also took about 20 minutes to heat up before use. I will NOT be staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 369taram
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Tara,

While we appreciate that you've made the time to bring your concerns to our attention via this TripAdvisor review, our team members are saddened to have them. It would have been our pleasure to work to address the issues you've mentioned, had we known about them, as your absolute satisfaction will always be our primary goal. We would never hope for a guest to feel that the type of experience you've described in your review is typical for our hotel, as it is not. I will certainly continue going over your feedback with our staff so that we can thoroughly investigate all of your remarks, and I hope you'll be willing to give our brand and our property the chance to work to earn your loyalty back in the future. We'd love to be able to offer you a much more pleasant experience during all of your further visits here.