“A Leftover Story”
Review of NanaSteak

NanaSteak
Reserve with OpenTable
NanaSteak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 803 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 20 March 2018

It's been a while since my husband and I have been able to dine at NanaSteak. They stay pretty booked when there's a show at DPAC, which is what brings us to Durham... NanaSteak is still just as amazing as our previous visits a year ago. The menu choices are broad for most tastes and the portions are very good.
I usually take leftovers out the door. I would like to say that I don't recommend eating such a fine leftover steak with a spork. It just seems wrong. However, when you forget to pack proper utensils in your lunchbag, you do what you have to do. My reheated filet and sweet potato/plum gratin were still just as wonderful the second time around. I was very pleased that the steak was still so tender that I could use a spork and plastic knife to eat it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We ate at NanaSteak for dinner and the food, service and atmosphere were all excellent! The best steaks we've had in the Triangle region. I would definitely recommend making a reservation, as it tends to be very busy around dinner time.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I few to Durham to see a show at the DPAC and everyone I spoke to recommended either Nana's or NanaSteak. We booked a reservation through OpenTable for after the show and this place did not disappoint. Everyone was right. My cousin & I both had the short rib and it was phenomenal. The service was excellent, the atmosphere is really great and I am so glad we went. Would definitely, definitely recommend. Was nice to treat myself to a really nice dinner on a weekend getaway.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

As a family outing, 8 of us went to dpac and then grabbed dinner at nanasteak. We ordered two servings of the pork shoulder risotto as our appetizer. It was great. The risotto was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of seasoning. The bread service specifically the focaccia was amazing. Wish they had some oil and balsamic. At this point the service went down hill. My niece asked for some more focaccia. Nothing. She then asked a second time. Nothing. Finally they sent someone out. It was obvoius the waiter had made a big deal about her wanting more bread because of the other waiter had an attitude about "so someone wants more bread." The steaks were awesome. Between the 8 of us we had the fillet, the strip, the ribeye and the porkchop. They all were well seasoned without being overly salted. The mac and cheese and the brussel sprouts were exceptional sides. At this point someone at the table said to the waiter that their sweet tea had been refilled with unsweet tea. His response was "no, i sweetened the tea myself." It was very upsetting. He basically said "liar". Then to make matters worse instead of switching out the tea, he brought out sweetener and said add this. It really took a great meal to an average meal based on the attitude. As long as you have no vocal opinion at nanasteak , the food is fine, service not so much

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We dined at Nana Steak tonight! 3 of us selected the filet and the other had the ribeye and all were delicious. We ordered Brussels sprouts with bacon, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and the Mac and cheese all to share at the table so we all got to sample them and they were all delicious. For dessert we shared the strawberry cheesecake and peanut butter fudge pie with ice cream. All were a hit and ai am sitting here so full but thoroughly satisfied! I would go back here again.