Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast
US$156
The Durham Hotel(Durham)
US$171
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgracious hostsmagnolia suitehouse is beautifuldowntown restaurantsbutler's pantryyummy homemadehead showerlemur centerhistoric propertyspent three nightsbrightleaf squarewarm hospitalitycontemporary artbreakfast was amazingamerican tobacco campusenjoyable staywithin walking distance
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My mom and I stayed here for a mother daughter trip while she visited from out of state. I live in a nearby city, and am famiiar with Durham, but had never had the pleasure of staying at Morehead. I absolutely LOVED the 3 cats, they were so sweet and friendly. Our room was huge, and the bed was comfortable, with an ensuite private bathroom. We used uber to get to/from dinner in downtown Durham, only a few minutes away (about $6 each way to Brightleaf Square, and no need to worry about parking on a Saturday night). There was a Butler's Kitchen with coffee, tea, snacks, cold, drinks, and a fresh baked pound cake. Breakfast was incredible: pecan stuffed croissant with homemade raspberry sauce, and sausage, plus juice and coffee. We were so stuffed, it was delicious. Monica and Daniel, the innkeepers, are so friendly and good natured. I really enjoyed talking with Monica! I would recommend Morehead B&B to anyone looking for a lovely and unique place to stay near Duke and downtown Durham.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs or have a white noise app handy if you like to sleep in, as there is a train whistle at 7ish AM.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I love staying at Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast. I have been an avid patron for years, and this review is long overdue.

The place is easy to find, and there is ample free parking on the property. The experienced innkeepers Monica and Daniel and warm, friendly and a joy to talk to. They know the area very well, and can accommodate all your needs. The innkeepers take time to get to know their guests, and often sit down to chat with guests. They offer special packages too, so check the website.

Breakfast is EXCELLENT. The meals are thoughtful and creative, and truly a work of art. It is not your average "box hotel continental hotel" fare. If you are vegan or a vegetarian, that is not a problem. Monica takes great joy in preparing vegan breakfasts that are beautiful, satisfying and delicious. They also offer home made desserts ... you have to try their award winning carrot cake!

Rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. With 8,000 square feet of space, the rooms are ample with high ceilings and lots of light. One room even has a seven head shower! The dining room is beautiful and bright as well, and you can chat with other guests if you'd like.

There are common areas, if you'd like to relax in this beautiful space and not be confined to your room. There is a library, a tv / music room and a spacious verdant backyard that offers bench swings and a huge hammock. There is also a business center and free wifi.

The neighborhood is near downtown Durham and guests have access to many amenities. Many places of interest are within walking distance, such as the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), the Durham Bulls Baseball Park, and many restaurants.

If you'd like a tour of the area via pedicab, this is possible too, weather permitting. The innkeepers own "Ten Toes Tours', which is Durham's only pedicab company.

I cannot thank Monica and Daniel enough for a great stay _every_ time. Tell a friend!

Room Tip: They offer rooms that accommodates groups and families
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We visited a long time family friend to celebrate her 50th birthday celebration. This place was so clean!! I usually don't take time to write reviews but I just had to let people know how magnificent the service is. Monica and Dan are warm and inviting. Will definitely stay here again. BTW this is my first B n B experience.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I loved staying at the Morehead Manor. My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay here.

Monica and Dan are first class Innkeepers who attended to every need we had, as two guests with a host of allergies and quirks.

We stayed in the Tiger room which was comfortable, stylish and quiet. Our breakfasts were superb, relaxed and very enjoyable.

I would highly recommend the Morehead Manor B& B. Monica and Dan are very caring people, who really get it right.

We hope to come back next summer.

Room Tip: All rooms should be good. It is usually quiet at night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Monica E, Owner at Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

It was our pleasure to host your first visit to Durham. We know it won't be your last :). We look forward to having you back and sharing how great Durham is.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me and bought me to Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast for my birthday weekend, after mentioning wanting to go to a bed and breakfast. Monica and Daniel were so nice and accommodating making my birthday weekend one to remember. Thank you Monica and Daniel!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple