All reviewsgracious hostsmagnolia suitehouse is beautifulyummy homemadehead showerlemur centerhistoric propertyspent three nightsbrightleaf squaredurham bulls baseballenjoyable stayduke universitywithin walking distancebreakfast was excellentother guestscookiesfirst floor
Reviewed 18 September 2015

This is a outstanding place to go to and relax. The house is decorated beautifully and the Inn Keepers, Monica and Daniel are wonderful. They make you feel at home. They have two beautiful cats, so if you are allergic to cats just bring your medicine with you, so you will not pass up having a wonderful stay. The breakfast is great and you will be able to snack throughout your stay. Everything is there for you to make you feel at home.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Our visit to Morehead Manor was my first time at a Bed and Breakfast. Being a family, it's usually hard to find a B&B that could accommodate us. Morehead Manor was perfect for us. We had two connected rooms, the Magnolia Suite and the Orchid room. The Magnolia suite had a little nook where there was a pull out couch as well. We had plenty of space. The rooms were large and comfortable and as a bonus had a huge amount of closet space. The house is old and the rooms have a lot of character and is furnished in a traditional style. The innkeepers Monica and Daniel were a delight and we enjoyed talking to them. Breakfast was a treat as well. The first day we had excellent zucchini pecan waffles, the next day we had an amazing egg strata, and the last day we had a scrumptious pecan and cream cheese stuffed croissant with raspberry sauce. On top of that there were always cookies, and carrot cupcakes or coffee cake as well. They have three wonderful cats and a lovely fish who is very friendly. The location of the inn is perfect, right in the middle of the action . Very close to Duke and downtown Durham. If you're visiting Duke, Durham, or the Raleigh area in general I would highly recommend a stay at Morehead Manor. You definitely won't be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I selected this Bed and Breakfast because of its great reviews. We were celebrating my firnds 60th birthday and just wanted to get out of town. It is a quiet and comfortable setting with interesting art and decor thorughout then home. The proprietors are a cute couple that went beyond what ever our needs were! I would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2015

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Morehead Manor Bed & Breakfast. First and foremost we will visit that place again. The Inn Keepers Monica & Daniel are great people. We were greeted at the entrance before we ever got to the door. The rooms are fantastic and the house is beautiful.
Breakfast was great both mornings and the food presentation was just wonderful. We stayed in the room with two queen beds and a seven head shower, which had me feeling like I had just had a full message. I
If you want a place to visit for the weekend or any day of the week, this is the place to go. It is close to downtown Durham and not only is it located in a historic area, but it is close enough for you to walk to the downtown areas where there are restaurants, stores, small shopping centers which are lit up at night. The best part of our visit was the company, the libraries, and the overall comfort and beauty of the home.
The visit was worth the time and money.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and clean so any room you get I believe you will be pleased.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Di J
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

We elected MMB&B as a respite following the Jill Scott concert at the Durham Performing Arts Center. It was an outstanding choice. As first time B&B residents, we were extremely pleased. The innkeepers, Monica and Daniel, were courteous and professional hosts. The inn's location is nestled within a historical and picturesque point of view. We slept like babies in the "Tiger Room." Monica's breakfast was scrumptious and Daniel's sock it to me cake and gluten free cookies were to die for. We will be making a return trip and would recommend the inn to our closest friends and family.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple