“Basics and Dessert”

The French Corner Bakery
Ranked #6 of 12 Bakeries in Durham
Reviewed February 13, 2017

After months of hearing about this bakery I finally rerouted to get here. It was worth it. I only had an apple turnover after eyeing all of the pastries, which were familiar from my time in France, Very nice and fresh and made there. If I am going to eat something I am not supposed to eat ( I don't want to get fat) I would rather eat this, than the offerings at a Starbucks or Panera.. The variety of bread looks promising. I can tell that I will thwart the google map directions I am following any time I am within a few miles to route myself here for bread or pastry.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Greeted with a lively "bonjour!" when I walked in. Only sampled two baked items, which can set the bar very high for a bakery claiming to be French. The plain croissant was superb - just the right balance of butter to flour and so many light layers - each bite practically melting in my mouth. The eclair was the star - the pastry cream had a wonderful balance of fresh vanilla and egg yolk with a flawless smoothness. The eclair's choux dough was rich and light - a difficult combination to achieve. Will return to sample the many breads. Store is tricky to navigate to - keep looking.
Comme être de retour à Paris. Merci!

Reviewed December 14, 2016

I have been to this bakery on several occasions and always find it to have the freshest and best bakery and bread goods. I recently bought eclairs, turnovers, and parisean bread which was excellent. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is also quite pleasant. I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

I was surprised when I was told that there was a French Bakery in town. It took me some time to figure out where it was, as it is located in a small shopping mall. If you're a passenger on a car travelling on I-85N you won't miss it because you can see it from the FWY, but otherwise it's hard to know.
I like everything I've tried. The chocolate cakes are delicious, but the Napolitano's are the best. Keep up the good job Chef Benjamin.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

Chef Benjamin is a true baker and pastry chef! I had the best croissant and pain au chocolat I've had since I was last in France. It's fun to speak French with him, too!