“Awesome Cupcakes in Durham”
Review of The Cupcake Bar

The Cupcake Bar
Ranked #5 of 11 Bakeries in Durham
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We were in the area and decided to see downtown Durham. We drove by a store The cupcake bar so of course we went in. They had cupcakes and coffee on the window so I was in. To our surprise the staff was very friendly and the cupcakes were off the hook. We left with a dozen and some iced coffee that was made with love. Very clean and very cute worth the visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a good option but, in my opinion, it does not offer a variety of choices for visitors. They could increase the available options.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We were in town for Phantom and we’re heading home when my wife mentioned this place. Someone at work said we had to go. So, around lunchtime on s Saturday we heading to downtown Durham. Let me tell you, even for a college town THE PARKING SUCKED FOR A SATURDAY! We circled around a couple times and finally opted for 15 minute unloading parking. I figure we were “unloading “ some money into the local economy so what the heck!

This is a very small shop. Nothing fancy or pretentious about it. As soon as you stepped inside you were greeted by the welcoming aromas of cake batter and coffee.

They has a nice display of regular size and mini cupcakes. We opted for 12 minis which set us back $18. So obviously not an every week thing but since this was a special weekend we decided to splurge.

The Mexican chocolate and red velvet cakes were yummy. The coconut and hummingbird cupcakes were my daughters favorite. Like my wife said, those were some good cupcakes! And I suggest the minis to you. They are very rich and quite honestly unless you are eating a cupcake for dinner, the mini is the way to go.

The staff was friendly and informative. The coffee was awesome as well. Check out this place next time you are in Durham. Your tastebuds deserve it!

And yes, we got out of there in less than 15 minutes....parking win!

1  Thank tim k
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went here on a cold windy day. Very friendly staff, fun place to sit and people watch. Had the Boston creme and gluten free PB. Both were great. Coffee is nothing special, but goes well with the sweets.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I'm not really much of a desert guy, but the mini cupcakes are great. Two or three bites and you're done, which is perfect for me. You can get full-size versions, too. Coffee is very good here, too.

Been to The Cupcake Bar? Share your experiences!