“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Foster's Market

Foster's Market
Ranked #9 of 782 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 21, 2016

It's a little bewildering on your first visit to Foster's - payment is on the honor system, and you order by the counter, then wander to one of the inside or outdoor tables and wait for the food to be delivered I had the eggs and biscuits, and my husband also had eggs and bacon. He broke down and also bought a cinnamon bun and a crumb coffee cake. The bun was okay, though pretty gooey and I prefer mine with nuts, but the crumb cake was epic! Coffee is good too.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

Tried restaurant for lunch the day before Easter.
Enjoyed the food and ambiance so much, returned the next day and celebrated Easter brunch at Foster's Market.
Despite long line, and difficult queing process for 1st timer, the service was fast and food was delicious.
Large interior room is crowded but comfortable.
Rain prevented us from trying to sit outside closer to the busy road.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

Stopped in for the first time and their menu is wonderful. Breakfast and Lunch with many choices and different varieties. We had lunch: warm meatloaf on home made bread and mozzarella and tomato sandwich on bagget. Many great looking salads as well as we watched many types go by our table. Bake goods as well. It's a must stop for us. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

Was so excited when I realized Foster's Market was so close to Duke University during our college visit. The food we got was really good but thought it was weird that the sandwiches came without any sides at all unless you paid more for them. Just a sandwich for $8.95? The bakery looked delicious and the portions are huge so I bought several things to go. The coffee cake looked amazing but much to my surprise it was very dry and the crust was very thick and dense instead of moist and crumbly. The brownie was kinda bland and wasn't even eaten. Unfortunately we were 6 hours away or I would've returned them or at least said something. Maybe it was just a bad baking day but maybe next time I'll not take so much home and at least taste first. The turkey Reuben is really good though!

Reviewed April 13, 2016

I just spent one month here in Durham and I found my way to Foster's Market for both lunch and breakfast. Hard to say which I enjoyed more. Breakfasts are awesome -- anything from omelettes to French toast, cheesy grits, fruit and yoghurt, scones, you name it. Outstanding coffee, including a really good decaf. And then there was lunch and this totally yummy portobello mushroom and grilled veggie concoction I snarfed down. Really loved that, too! The vibe is awesome and the assortment is just incredible. Highly highly recommend Foster's Market!