“A great place for a meal after the Blue Devils Play”
Review of Bull Durham Bar

Bull Durham Bar
Ranked #86 of 827 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pub
Description: The casual and intimate atmosphere at the Bull Durham Bar provides the perfect setting to enjoy a hearty meal after a round of golf or productive day in the boardroom. A full lunch menu is offered in addition to a light all-day dining menu, including a few decadent desserts. Deep wood tones and traditional decor give the bar a timeless elegance unique among Durham restaurants. Enjoy stunning views of the golf course from your table, dine al fresco on the Terrace on the Green or mingle with friends over cocktails by the fireplace. Find the perfect setting to enjoy good food with good friends at the Bull Durham Bar.
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We were staying at the Washington Duke Hotel for our our visit to watch the Duke Blue Devils play Syracuse at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

After the game we were hungry and wanted a meal and some drinks.

We had read that the Bull Durham Bar was just the place for our purposes. We got back from the game and grabbed the last table for 2. Our server was very attentive. My son and I both ordered beer, I had the Torch, it was very good, it would have been nice if the glass had been chilled before they poured my pint, small details. My son is 25 but he was asked for ID, we got a kick out of that.

We both had the caesar salad to start, it was great. I then had the turkey sandwich with fries. I loved the sandwich and the fries came out nice and crispy.

My son had the burger and fries. He enjoyed it too.

On our second round of drinks they made a mistake and brought me the wrong beer. They actually left the mistaken beer with us for no charge and brought me another Torch. Had to say that made my evening.

Our server kept our glasses full for the evening, and there was no rush on us even though the bar was packed and there appeared to be people waiting for tables.

When we were ready to leave the bill was in our hands in a minute.

Service was great, atmosphere was great, we had a good time and at the end of the evening all we had to do was take the elevator up to our room.

We will definitely be back for our next Duke visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful southern charm in a great hotel. The bar overlooks the Washington Duke golf course. The atmosphere is very relaxing.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We went to the bar before a basketball game. Great bar, it was packed but the great staff, Tim and Bianca, were awesome. We came back for dinner after the game. Food was reasonable for the location. I had the shrimp and grits were was a very novel interpretation, but great. My son had the chicken breast with a great review.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Started with a shrimp cocktail, shrimp and corn chowder and finished the evening off with their two fisted burger cooked perfectly. Service staff world class. High energy environment the night of a Duke game. Go there...and have an awesome dining and service experience!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great place to gather with others. Very comfortable seating of various sorts including fireplace with comfortable couches, chairs and tables. Great drinks and interesting menu options to appeal to all tastes.

Been to Bull Durham Bar? Share your experiences!