“Good Saturday Morning Breakfast”
Review of Elmo's Diner

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #16 of 774 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2019

Stopped in on a Saturday morning to find a very crowded restaurant. A little bit of a wait but not as bad as I thought it'd be based on the amount of people ahead of us. You can pour your own coffee while waiting which is a nice touch. I had the huevos rancheros which were really good and my companion had a breakfast burrito which he said was good. Home fries were super hot when brought to the table, could've used a little more seasoning but otherwise ok. Attentive staff who did a good job with service and moving diners in and out.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (879)

Reviewed 7 November 2019

Great food and service! Always a line and a short wait. Have visited many times and the food and service never change. Always perfect and Hot when it gets to your table!

Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

Here is a good reason why he was allowing to eat here. It is good food and good service. It is worth the wait. My son had eggs, and cakes and bacon he really liked it a lot. I had the pecan pancakes and they were delicious. My wife had the quiche with fries. If there was any negative, it was at the fries or just sub par. Otherwise, a great place to go eat. It was reasonably price

Reviewed 13 October 2019

Several years ago, I raved about Elmo's; I always enjoyed eating there. However, within the past few years, the food and service have been hit or miss. Plus, lately, it always appears a bit dirty. It is no longer my "go to place."

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank KATHRYN D
Reviewed 7 October 2019

We headed to Elmo's for breakfast. The restaurant was a classic, cool old diner. Service was pretty good. Nice touch of offering coffee in the foyer while we waited for our table. The food was good but it wasn't outstanding, therefore I'm giving it a rating of three stars.