“Awesome Anniversary Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We loved our first experience at Nana's! It was our anniversary, so we called ahead to make sure we would have a pleasant location in the restaurant. We were assured we would and that the servers would take good care of us.
We were not disappointed! From the drinks at the bar to our prompt seating in a nice corner banquette to the appetizers to main courses to desserts - all were perfect and delicious! The atmosphere is great with good energy - colorful artwork and walls with pretty chandeliers. All of the servers were attentive and helpful. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My fiancee and I went to Nana's for the tasting menu and wine pairing and were incredibly satisfied with the experience. The service was excellent - friendly and knowledgeable but in no way stuffy or arrogant. The food was all fantastic. They space the courses out well and have a good variety on the tasting menu. The food was interesting yet accessible. The wine pairing is extremely generous for $30. The dessert, a key lime torte with almond meringue, was paired with a sweet wine. We don't care much for sweet wine, so we just tried a couple sips. Our waitress noticed that we had not had much of it and offered to bring us something that we liked better. We declined, as there was plenty of wine with the meal, but were grateful for the kind offer. All-in-all a great experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Decided to try Nanas for a couple's romantic evening. We were not disappointed, one very good restaurant in the triangle. The atmosphere is ok (but I admit I was spoiled living in southern France for some time having been in restaurants in historical buildings overlooking a river...... ).. The service was very professional and friendly. Decided to go for the Tuna Tartare after reading prior reviews. Great dish, loved it. Then I had the roasted first hand pork chop delicious with very good selection of accompaniment (sweet potato gratin, cranberry jam....) my girlfriend had the Prime new York Strip steak done to her liking and v very tasty also. For desert nanas creme brûlée and the Napoleon. All in all a very good meal. Would deserve an extra 1/2 star.. Brought the wine, BYOB for a 25$ cork fee, and had a wonderful 2008 Portuguese Douro (Batuta). Thank you nanas for the very nice romantic dinner. Recommend it to y'all.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We enjoyed our dinner at Nana's, though my appetizer was the best part of my meal. I had the tuna tartare, which was outstanding. My dad thought the pate was also excellent. For entrees, my husband raved about his venison, and my friend thought her rabbit was sublime. My dad enjoyed his lamb, but my swordfish was just o.k.--nothing special and only lukewarm. My dessert included grilled polenta poundcake bites which were delicious--I wish they had comprised a larger percent of the dish. The service was terrific and the ambience very nice. Ultimately, for the extremely high prices, I had expected to be wowed by the entree and sadly, was not. I would give Nana's a try again though because their menu changes and they clearly do some dishes incredibly well.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Nana's menu changes frequently to reflect the available fruits, veggies, fish and meat. I like that. "Farm to table" doesn't always translate into fresh tasting food preparations and distinctive tastes, but here at Nana's it does. We don't eat meat so thankfully in addition to several fish options, the staff reported that several other menu offerings can be made without meat - a real boon to some places where the vegetarian option is a plate of steamed vegetables. The service is thoughtful. The setting is cozy and comfortable. You will definitely need reservations as this is a very popular place.