“Good food, but a real lack of care for the customer. ”
Review of Monuts Donuts

Monuts Donuts
Ranked #23 of 797 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Our daughter was so excited to introduce her parents to one of her favorite brunch spots. After a long hike we showed up at Monuts around noon and waited in a long line. As my family got our order together, I walked over to an empty table to sit down and drink some water. But a server arrived to bus the table and told me that I was not permitted to sit because my party had not completed their order yet. I felt humiliated and embarrassed and wanted to leave. Literally one minute later my family finished ordering and the server informed us we could now sit (at the exact table he ran me off from). The food was good but this incident left only an uncomfortable memory of Monuts.

1  Thank Randy M

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

I've heard about this place from my daughter since she started at Duke, so we had to give it a try for breakfast. Monuts did not disappoint. I know that they are known for donuts, but my breakfast sandwich was delicious. Fresh ingredients, made from scratch. A very good breakfast.

1  Thank Terri M
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Rented the house next door for a wedding in Durham. Great food as well as donuts. You can skip the bagels if you like New York style bagels. Monuts is a Funky experience. We were a Zebra waiting for our order.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Locally sourced ingredients - always a plus for me

Wasn't that excited about the menu

Had a sausage and egg biscuit cost around $6

The egg was supposed to be slightly runny but mine wasn't

They have an egg chart and you can request your desired consistency

Biscuit was very well done - not sure if they intend for the very crispy outside or if someone left mine in too long

It took a little long to get my sausage and egg

Parking lot is poorly designed and if someone parks in the handicapped space (which they did) then you won't be able to enter from the main road

When I finally received my food , I thanked the person but I was a little surprised to not hear any acknowledgment to my thanks , maybe it was too quiet

Overall - not that great of an experience

And I just went to Rise a few days ago and it's a very similar concept

Personally, I prefer Rise

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Came here over the course of 4 years and definitively the best breakfast in Durham. On the weekend, budget some time if you're going there since there is a lot of crowd.

Just spectacular donuts (rotating menu, changes daily) and even better sandwiches. I mean really really delicious and unique, seasonal, fresh items. Quite innvoative combinations.

Drinks are not cheap (think gentrification prices) and neither are meals (around $8 pp and $2 per donut) but good value for the price.