“Yum!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I've heard about this place from my daughter since she started at Duke, so we had to give it a try for breakfast. Monuts did not disappoint. I know that they are known for donuts, but my breakfast sandwich was delicious. Fresh ingredients, made from scratch. A very good breakfast.

1  Thank Terri M

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Rented the house next door for a wedding in Durham. Great food as well as donuts. You can skip the bagels if you like New York style bagels. Monuts is a Funky experience. We were a Zebra waiting for our order.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Locally sourced ingredients - always a plus for me

Wasn't that excited about the menu

Had a sausage and egg biscuit cost around $6

The egg was supposed to be slightly runny but mine wasn't

They have an egg chart and you can request your desired consistency

Biscuit was very well done - not sure if they intend for the very crispy outside or if someone left mine in too long

It took a little long to get my sausage and egg

Parking lot is poorly designed and if someone parks in the handicapped space (which they did) then you won't be able to enter from the main road

When I finally received my food , I thanked the person but I was a little surprised to not hear any acknowledgment to my thanks , maybe it was too quiet

Overall - not that great of an experience

And I just went to Rise a few days ago and it's a very similar concept

Personally, I prefer Rise

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Came here over the course of 4 years and definitively the best breakfast in Durham. On the weekend, budget some time if you're going there since there is a lot of crowd.

Just spectacular donuts (rotating menu, changes daily) and even better sandwiches. I mean really really delicious and unique, seasonal, fresh items. Quite innvoative combinations.

Drinks are not cheap (think gentrification prices) and neither are meals (around $8 pp and $2 per donut) but good value for the price.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a favorite place for week-end brunch. They have very good biscuits and sandwiches. But the donuts are really great! They have standard choices (such as chocolate glazed), but also unusual flavor combination (blueberry and basil). It can get very crowded and loud on week-ends, but the service is efficient and it's worth standing in line to order!