“Unusual, but tasty flavors”
Review of Monuts Donuts

Monuts Donuts
Ranked #14 of 839 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a favorite place for week-end brunch. They have very good biscuits and sandwiches. But the donuts are really great! They have standard choices (such as chocolate glazed), but also unusual flavor combination (blueberry and basil). It can get very crowded and loud on week-ends, but the service is efficient and it's worth standing in line to order!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

First of all, you need to snag whatever baked goods look interesting before they sell out (I had my eye on strawberry pastry but by the time I realized I had room for dessert, they were gone!). Second, know that this is a stand in line to order, then find a table and plant your "food flag" so the servers can deliver the goods. Third, the quality of food is wonderful. My friend had the chicken and pickle sandwich which she loved. I had the quiche of the day (yellow squash and onion) which was flavorful while my husband opted for traditional breakfast which was also excellent. Freshly squeezed OJ is always a hit. Strange iced tea - cloudy vs clear - but it was delicious (and I consider myself a bit of an iced tea snob if that isn't a contradiction in terms). The highlight though was that lemon basil cookie - a sugar cookie with texture and an explosion of sugary goodness. We plan to order some in advance of our next family gathering. Will definitely be back, echoing the joyous cries from other patrons.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

After a long walk thru Durham, I stumbled upon Monuts. I was looking for a good latte- which I found- but couldn't resist one of their gourmet donuts- I chose the Maple Bacon and it was DELISH! They also serve a full menu of other breakfast dishes.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My sister brought us here for breakfast on a Sunday, and it was quite busy. We were in line for 10minutes. The staff moved the line along nicely.
I had the Green Eggs on Toast Sandwich, which was delicious. Some in my party had "The Usual", with Avocado Toast... the Avocado Toast is amazing. DOn't miss it!
Great place for breakfast; very good food, great service, nice and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I love having a meal in Monuts and visiting the big statue of the rabbit that used to live inside Wellsping (the Durham grocery store that was eventually bought by Whole Foods). The food is always good and the service is friendly. It is a little loud inside, but it is always fun to be there.