“Great food, spotty service”

Another Broken Egg Cafe
Ranked #152 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New with last 3 months or so. It appears online in Google search.
Reviewed June 28, 2017

First off, the food is really good. The brie and lobster omelet was the bomb, and the biscuit and gravy side dish is enough for a meal. Our waiter, Christopher, was prompt, efficient, and friendly. However, when we arrived, we were told by the hostess it was a 20 minute wait. She repeated my name, party of two, and asked if we could wait. No problem, we went to sit outside with several other people. As everyone around us was called in, I went back in 25 minutes later. The hostess looked at me like I had 3 heads, told me no one with my name was on the list for a party of 2, but they'd try to work me in, with a very nonchalant attitude. WTH? Fortunately, the manager found us a table right away. After that less than welcoming beginning, the rest of our breakfast was perfect.

Another Broken E, Guest Relations Manager at Another Broken Egg Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

We are so sorry about the mix-up that occurred with your seating reservation. We really appreciate you giving us a chance to rectify the error. It's great to know how much you enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Love this place! Only problem is choosing what I want to eat, so many good choices! If it's your first time I recommend the shrimp and grits, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank Godis J
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Upon entering the restaurant, there was no one to greet us. An employee in the kitchen saw us so maybe he told someone customers had arrived. A family finished eating and was walking out, followed by an employee to seat us. Only 3 tables were taken so they didn't seem to be busy.

I ordered an omelet with egg whites, green chiles and cheese. It came with an English muffin. The omelet was watery and. It taste worthy. My husband ordered the Seafood Skillet. There was tons of potatoes in it, he thought it was ok.

With the other great breakfast places in Durham, I can't highly recommend eating here.

Another Broken E, Guest Relations Manager at Another Broken Egg Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Thanks so much for giving us a try Terese. We're terribly disheartened to hear how you feel about our cafe and your unpleasant experience. We pride ourselves on the freshness and delicious flavors of our breakfast, brunch and lunch as well as our quick, friendly service. We apologize this wasn't reflected during your visit. Your feedback will be shared with the team at this location so we can better serve you in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I can't believe a breakfast restaurant can't figure out how to make their signature dish- Eggs Benedict! The poached eggs were raw, the english muffin was not toasted, grilled, or buttered ( dry out of the package), the ham lukewarm, and a poor excuse for hollandaise sauce. To top it off, a restaurant that specializes in breakfast is incapable of serving a true breakfast potato, instead serves frozen potato chunks fried. Also, $13.00 is too much for this poor quality, I would gladly pay $13.00 for a proper Benedict.The corporate chef and CEO should be find other work.

Another Broken E, Guest Relations Manager at Another Broken Egg Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent visit. We strive for excellence, and we always want our guests to have a delicious experience in our cafe. It's upsetting to read your description of our Eggs Benedict and potatoes, as well as your description of the value of your breakfast. We do our very best to offer only the freshest, highest quality ingredients in our cafe, and we're sorry this was not apparent during your visit. We've shared your review with our management team, and we sincerely hope you'll consider giving us another try.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

There may have been a change in management and staff. We've had good service before. This morning we were seated in what turned out to be a no service zone. Seated at table without waiter assigned. We had to ask for service. Manager finally showed up to take our order. Finally got our breakfast. Food is still good. No apology for no service.

Another Broken E, Guest Relations Manager at Another Broken Egg Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

We are sorry the quality of service provided to you was disappointing at Another Broken Egg Cafe James. You should have had a better experience than you described, and we are sorry that was not the case on the day of your visit. We do strive to provide our guests with welcoming, timely service. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with our team.