“Good alternative tacos”
Review of NanaTaco

NanaTaco
Ranked #12 of 812 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Relatively new, opened by the same people who run Nana's in Durham, but a different location and very different type of place.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nanataco is not necessarily the most "authentic" Mexican joint in town, but the unique tacos (smoked duck, fried oysters) are a fun and different twist on the classics. The salsa bar is also a hit, with some solid spicy options for the adventurous.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant had been mentioned by friends from the area, so we have it a shot.

The line was looong, but wee stuck it out and ended up vary Happy with out take out purchase of three taco’s each. No condiments were added to the bag, maybe we were supposed to add them ourselves, however the place was so crowded that we did not see a condiment stand!

The food and chips were very good!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I love this place, love the food. I had a burrito bowl and my niece had a burrito. The chicken was tender and tasting and the burrito did not have too much salt. The guacamole and quest were superb. We had lots of food left over since we probably ordered too much. The margarita was quite good. The atmosphere is lively and food comes pretty quickly. Don’t be scared by the line to the order window as it goes pretty quickly.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Probably one of the places I've visited most often in Durham, it's quick, easy, reasonably priced, and always a safe/good bet. The three taco meal is my favorite option, comes with a lot of food - three decent tacos, option for different meat in each of them - plus beans and rice and some chips. The meat options include 6-8 standard meats, all good, and then a collection of "dirty meats" and specials, like lamb, hog jowl, pork belly, etc. I didn't find the chorizo to be that great, and didn't love the shrimp, but every other meat I've tried has been superb. Always a good choice, definitely a regular here.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We went for lunch. It was very busy and high energy. One of us had three tacos that came with black beans and Spanish rice and some taco chips. I had a burrito that came with the same additions. Everything was very good. The price was definitely right; all told about $17 for the two. The staff were quite friendly and young. Clearly a very popular place for lunch. I'd go back.

Been to NanaTaco? Share your experiences!