“Decent Mexican cuisine ”
Review of NanaTaco

NanaTaco
Ranked #14 of 803 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Relatively new, opened by the same people who run Nana's in Durham, but a different location and very different type of place.
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Took my teenage son here on a Thursday night and it was packed but we were able to park across the street in front of the beer bar, as well as get a table. Ordered chicken burrito for my son and told the gentleman taking my order to order me whatever he recommends which ended up being three tacos with beef, chicken and pork. My son enjoyed the burrito and I liked the beef taco over the other two which were dry. But the ambience here is fun and the food seemed fresh. A good experience.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

As we have been to Mexico several times and we love their local food, every time we eat on a restaurant offering Mexican food we ask for a high quality. This is what we found here when we tried the Three Meat Burrito. Definitely a good place to experience authentic Mexican flavor!

1  Thank Andres V
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I've been here many times with friends and dates and love all of their vegetarian options. My friends rave about their meats selection, though I can't remark. My personal favorite is the salsa bar.

My one recommendation is to definitely go when the volume of customers wouldn't be overwhelming. Otherwise, parking is nigh impossible and the wait could be tasking. What I usually do is grab the order to go if it is busy and head on over to the Beer Study across the street to relax and eat with a great beer! However, if you catch NanaTaco when it's not impossible to find a seat with your meal, enjoy and make trips for their fantastic salsas! I quite enjoy enjoy mixing mine together. Overall, a solid recommendation for great Mexican in Durham in a great area (minus the minimal parking).

Reviewed July 31, 2017

There's only one problem with Nana Taco. Once you eat there you will never want to have tacos anywhere else! The "dirty" meats are a must. Chicken livers, pork belly, smoked duck. Queso -- wow!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Nanataco is raved about in Durham, and I can understand why. I had the fried shrimp tacos and the hibiscus tea (closest thing to sorrel I've found in the states!), and the sauce alone on the shrimp tacos was delicious! Honestly, I'm a repeat customer for the hibiscus tea, but everything I've had from quesadillas to tacos to burrito bowls are pretty good! Parking can be a nightmare, but the staff is friendly and their recommendations are usually on point.

Been to NanaTaco? Share your experiences!