“Excellent burrito”
Review of NanaTaco

NanaTaco
Ranked #14 of 804 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Relatively new, opened by the same people who run Nana's in Durham, but a different location and very different type of place.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

As we have been to Mexico several times and we love their local food, every time we eat on a restaurant offering Mexican food we ask for a high quality. This is what we found here when we tried the Three Meat Burrito. Definitely a good place to experience authentic Mexican flavor!

1  Thank Andres V

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I've been here many times with friends and dates and love all of their vegetarian options. My friends rave about their meats selection, though I can't remark. My personal favorite is the salsa bar.

My one recommendation is to definitely go when the volume of customers wouldn't be overwhelming. Otherwise, parking is nigh impossible and the wait could be tasking. What I usually do is grab the order to go if it is busy and head on over to the Beer Study across the street to relax and eat with a great beer! However, if you catch NanaTaco when it's not impossible to find a seat with your meal, enjoy and make trips for their fantastic salsas! I quite enjoy enjoy mixing mine together. Overall, a solid recommendation for great Mexican in Durham in a great area (minus the minimal parking).

Reviewed 31 July 2017

There's only one problem with Nana Taco. Once you eat there you will never want to have tacos anywhere else! The "dirty" meats are a must. Chicken livers, pork belly, smoked duck. Queso -- wow!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Nanataco is raved about in Durham, and I can understand why. I had the fried shrimp tacos and the hibiscus tea (closest thing to sorrel I've found in the states!), and the sauce alone on the shrimp tacos was delicious! Honestly, I'm a repeat customer for the hibiscus tea, but everything I've had from quesadillas to tacos to burrito bowls are pretty good! Parking can be a nightmare, but the staff is friendly and their recommendations are usually on point.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

One of few places in Durham with fish tacos. Great nachos and guac as well as sangria / margs. A casual place if you wanna hop in and hop out.

Been to NanaTaco? Share your experiences!