“Parker and Otis has got it all”
Review of Parker and Otis

Parker and Otis
Ranked #1 of 47 Quick Bites in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is a place I never tire of. You can go there for an early fresh breakfast expertly cooked to order or just get a coffee with a croissant, muffin or scone. Food is consistently excellent every day of the week. There is a wide variety of choice of sandwiches and salads, all tasty and fresh, fresh, fresh. Lots of beautiful gifts for friends and children and a wall of wine to take home. Or just stop in after work for a glass of wine and a taste of cheese on the porch. The food is great but I must say it is the attentive and sensitive staff that makes me truly love the PandO.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Love Parker and Otis. This is my second visit to Durham and my son brought us both times to Parker and Otis. This time for lovely lattes and scones. I know he liked it too so I always buy a gift certificate so he can enjoy it again himself. Lots of shopping for gifts of all kinds, kitchen, men, women, kids, cards, cool stuff, and a deli to pick up to go or order lunch to eat there indoors or on the patio.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I was confused when I walked in. There are tables, but also a store and the counter to order lunch is in the middle. The merchandise is cutesy stuff you don't but for yourself but might pick up for your trendy friend. The food is good. They have a variety of sandwiches and salads. I had the potato salad, which was divine. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because of the lack of drink refills. This is the south, we drink a lot of tea when we're "lunching"

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. You order at a counter and sit inside or outside. Your food is delivered. It's in the Brightleaf section, restored old tobacco buildings. The sandwiches are terrific. We both had ham and Swiss panini. Piles of ham and two slices of Swiss one on each piece of rye bread crispy pressed not greasy. A honey mustard added that sweet and sharp flavor. The sandwiches are so large we could probably share next time. The menus, available at the counter have two pages of choices and many sound worth trying. Since we stopped by at lunch hour it was very busy. It is clearly a go to spot for shoppers and workers. Even though it was busy the service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Last time my husband and I went to Parker and Otis we had their shrimp BLT, chicken salad with apples and bleu cheese, and the summer corn and tomato salad. Everything was amazing. We sat on the outdoor terrace and had a wonderful lunch.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Parker and Otis? Share your experiences!