“Best french onion soup we ever had!”
Review of 1897 Market

1897 Market
Ranked #274 of 2,615 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wow - we never knew airport food could be so good! We were stuck on a long layover at the Charlotte airport and were walking around looking for a decent place to sit down, relax and have a decent meal. It must have been our lucky day because we stumbled upon 1897. Little did we know the food and service would be so delightful. We ordered the french onion soup which was at the top of their menu and were amazed at how good it was. Our sandwiches were also excellent. Karl, our server, did a great job and the rest is history. If you are ever looking for an excellent restaurant in Charlotte, go to the airport! haha

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Family of four and had limited time between flights...there was a wait for the sit-down restaurant part, but they have a deli and grab-n-go area around the corner with seating and no wait. Some made-to-order deli sandwiches, salads and a brick pizza oven. Many salads and drink options including even beer and wine. We sat at the counter and watched them make the pizzas which was cool. Many of the counter areas also had charging outlets. The food was quite good too--we all had deli sandwiches...my son and husband ordered from made-to-order from the counter which I would recommend over the grab n go if you have time. Mine was still good, theirs was just better Would recommend and wouldn't hesitate to go there again if ever in the Charlotte airport!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Good goly are the square rolls fresh and very tasty
Had a dark roast and egg ham and cheese
That was perfect
Kudos on The rolls

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We were seated quickly with 90 minuets before our flight and wanted a meal besides fast food. Our waitress Stefanie was very nice and recommended the Charlotte burger which I ordered cooked medium. My husband ordered the chicken sandwich. The wait for our food seemed very long for an airport eatery. Even the waitress commented when she brought our plates that the were finally ready. The Parmesan fries were plentiful and tasty. But my burger was completely raw. I pointed this out to the waitress and she was surprised at how rare it was. She offered to have another one made but we were out of time. She took the price of the meal off our check which was very nice. But honestly I would have preferred a cooked burger.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Had a long layover in Charlotte during a very chaotic time of inclement weather flight cancellations and 1897 Market was a welcome Oasis away from the hustle and bustle. The decor is a mix of modern and old world traditional. Service was prompt and friendly and we felt like we got good value for our money. Hubby had a tall beer and the Neece's burger with a side salad; I had the trout with crispy brussel sprouts and parmesan fries. Burger was picture perfect and hubby described it as' a burger you can't put down', as in it was that good! My trout was served crispy-skin-side up with a fabulous aoli garnish and the brussel sprouts nestled beneath, soaking up all the delicious juices. It was a party in my mouth! A forkful that incorporated all four elements was bordering on sublime.....if that's not too ridiculous to say! ( Yh, we all say funny things when we're hungry! :) ) The parmesan fries were great! Seasoned perfectly and the parmesan was slightly crispy and crunchy, perfectly complementing the soft interior of each piece. I dipped the fries in Hubby's leftover Ranch dressing and that was even better! :)
Even their coffee is good! ( Love the mini milk churns the cream came in! Very cute!)
So, yeah, in case you couldn't tell..... web highly recommend this place!
Kudos to all staff who served everyone with efficiency amid the madness!

1  Thank gustatory2017