“Great date night!”
Review of Mama Ricotta's

Mama Ricotta's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Ricotta's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,613 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus #6 from uptown stops directly across the street from the restaurant.
Description: From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I are from Asheville and were traveling to Charlotte just for the afternoon as we had business to tend to.
I got online at 10:30 am to look for a restaurant. Mama Ricotta's came up... luckily, we got a reservation! The restaurant had been booked 49 times already.
Rhode Island style calamari was awesome! My husband had the braised beef ribs with gnocchi and I had the Pollo Bianco... amazing!
Tangie our server was great! At 5:45, she was super busy. She had an 8 or 10 top, us, and couple that didn't like their table (she totally accommodated) but the move was an unanticipated interruption and she made it happen!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Charlotte St Patty’s Day weekend to watch UNC play in the NCAA tournament. On the recommendation of a friend, we went to Mama Ricotta’s for dinner Friday night. The food was fabulous but what was outstanding was the service. Ben Murphy was our server and he took care of us like we were royalty! He was attentive but not invasive. His personality was genuine and warm.

Next time we are in Charlotte, we will definitely being returning to Mama Ricotta and will request Ben for our server.

1  Thank Lauren J
Reviewed 27 March 2018

my wife and i were in town for the NCAA tourney. and tried Mama's as we are both fans of local restaurants. i had the goat cheese dip and the short rib based off of server's suggestions. it was great. Ben was super knowledgeable on the wine . which is what we needed.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are from Atlanta we went to Charlotte to attend the NCAA tournament. We tried Mama Ricotta’s for dinner and were not disappointed! The food was absolutely delicious - we left happy and full! I had the cheese ravioli and I wished we lived closer - it was really good! Our server Ben was very knowledgeable about the menu, great speed of service to match the experience we were looking for, and overall just wonderful to talk to. He made the entire experience one to remember! When we return, we plan to sit with him again! And we’ll find an excuse to return!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in a few nights ago and had one of the best experiences in a restaurant. Isabella was our server and she was so sweet and knowledgeable! The food was incredible. I had the special chicken dish and my boyfriend had the penne alla vodka with meat balls. We will definitely be back soon!