“Great Food, Great service, Great People”

Symeons Greek Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Yorkville
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I had the pleasure of dining at the restaurant after my daughters wedding. The staff made us feel like we were the only people there. The service, the food, the people were truly amazing. I called ahead because we had a large party, everything was prepared upon our arrival, and things only got better and better. The appetizers came out quickly, they were delicious, calamari, Greek appetizers, etc. When you think things could not get any better, the food was served. The portions were large, and delicious. And then, when you thought things could not get any better, desert was served, and just like the commercials - they were "to die for !!!" I could not ask for anything better on this special day !!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2015

We go to Symeons, a Greek restaurant, several times a year. The food is always good. The menu is tried and true. I love the moussaka, and the fish wrapped in feta and phyllo dough. My favorite dessert is the baklava ice cream which comes on a cookie. The owner usually stops by to ask how our dinner is.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

This is one of my favorite restaurants by genre - Greek. We travel near to Utica once a year and always go to Symeons.The staff is superb. The service is fast. Attention to detail is great. We are always going to try something different , but always have the same things. That includes the large and loaded appetizer platter, the Gyros salad, and the fish in the puffed pastry. It is always too much and this time we passed on the to-die-for pastry desserts.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

I like Greek food, I really do. But I don't like THIS Greek food.

We have lunched twice at this restaurant and been profoundly disappointed two times.
Why do locals like the restaurant so much? It's a mystery to me.

The restaurant doesn't seem to have changed in years. The décor is tired and tawdry faux Mediterranean, with plastic all over the place. It seems to be crying out for Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares team to come swooping in and tear it apart.

The wait staff are sweet and friendly, but that doesn't compensate for the miserable iceberg lettuce salad speckled with feta and two olives, or the cold and limp flatbread that comes with the salad.

We ate Psari Sto Filo for our main course. This was supposed to be a signature Symeon's dish: "fresh haddock fillet in a creamy white wine, mushroom and cream cheese sauce," wrapped in filo pastry. The sauce had a curdled look to it, even though the flavor was acceptable. It was nothing I would want to eat again.

Dessert was a mediocre baklava, in a thin syrup. You can get baklava with chocolate on top here, and baklava ice cream. I'm so glad we didn't do that.

1  Thank sylvandiva
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

If you're looking for some excellent Greek food, you can't go wrong here. The wife and I have been 2x now. We loved it both times.