All reviews ocean view villa smiths beach the kitchen three bedroom margaret river deli cafe rock pools living area clothes line beautiful sunset gas fire little things top floor great kitchen whale watching outdoor pool bedroom apartment
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

I booked to stay here through a third party in the “budget” accomodation on site - it was fantastic value for money with the resort being a 5* rated resort. The welcome at reception and his ongoing assistance was excellent along with a very prompt visit from maintenance rectifying our issue with 10 minutes.
The location is fantastic to be able to hit the beach or take advantage of a wide variety of activities and places to visit near by.
The beach shack had everything we needed for our 3 night stay and we enjoyed lunch at the deli/cafe which was so nice to enjoy onsite and give cooking a miss!
Slight gripes were the rooms could have been cleaner and for a 5* resort I would have expected a bit more such as towels at the pool, 24hr concierge (the blind in our room fell down on me out of hours so had to wait to call concierge in the morning.)
Overall it is a lovely place to stay and we will certainly be back.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2019

Have stayed here for the last three years on the run, rooms are large ,clean everything you want for a beach holiday.
Fantastic beach one minute walk away. It's in a really excellent location for visiting the various winery's,beachs and small towns.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

Beautiful resort, love how close it was to the beach and loved the size of the apartment! Big kitchen, lounge room, bedrooms- all lovely. The pool was great too although the chairs filled up very quickly. The only thing I found to be very disappointing about the resort is their lack of recycling. Especially for apartment style accommodation with kitchens. We had ice cream boxes and tubs, milk cartons, glass jars and more and no recycling bins provided so I placed them next to our bin inside only to find that they just picked it up and shoved it into the rubbish bin. Have to say I am really shocked by that especially in today’s time. I hope by next time we come back they have a better system. Other than that, everything else was great. Would definitely recommend coming here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2019

My family and I decided to "decompress" on the south west cost for a number of reasons. Not only is the distance a little more manageable and the associated time difference easier on the sleep pattern (admittedly only just!) but it gave us a fabulous introduction to Australia before going to Sydney. The resort is a cut above any resort I have stayed at! We chose an ocean view apartment consisting of a lower and upper floor consisting of 3 double bedded bedrooms for a family of 4. I have never seen quality of such a high standard. Yes it is a bit pricey but I would claim value for money. All the photographs of the resort underplay what you will experience in these ocean view apartments. What you have on the upper floor is a fully kitted out kitchen which is more than adequate to allow cooking and hosting up to 6 additional guests. There is also a big barbecue on the terrace over looking the sea. Perfect! These amenities are not very well explained in the apartment description so be comforted from my review that self catering is very, very easy. The restaurant is Lamonts which we did not experience on account of the self catering option which we preferred; as I say making use of the apartment became a much easier and more comfortable alternative. We used the cafe for breakfast and the food was good. Other amenities include a gas fired fire place for those cool evenings and a great TV. The beach is beautiful and 2 minutes walk from the apartments. The pool is nice but over looked by apartments which is a bit off-putting. The resort is a stones throw away from Margret River, a wine region well worth a visit holding several reputable restaurants.

Date of stay: December 2018
Adam M, General Manager at Smiths Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your review and for having given us the pleasure to be part of your holiday.

Your satisfaction with our facilities and services provided by our team is truly rewarding for us. We are happy to know that your experience was amazing and we will definitely share your feedback with our team to inspire them to continue to exceed all our guests’ expectations.

On behalf of the entire team here at Smiths Beach Resort, a sincere thank you and we all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our little paradise in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Adam McWhirter

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Having booked into a nearby alleged 5 star resort which was awful, we emailed Smith’s Beach Resort following a recommendation, to see if they had any vacancies (it was after 5.30pm and so the reception was shut). I called at 9 the next morning to be greeted by name, as the assistant manager Steven had picked up the email and was about to call me and recognised the number. Little things like name recognition make all of the difference!

There was a 4 bed beach house available, so we said yes immediately. When we arrived later in the day we were incredibly pleased with our decision! The views were stunning - and the house perfect for our family of 6.

The on site deli had a great selection of food and drink to eat in - and to take back to the house to eat and drink too. We enjoyed breakfast there each morning - and the staff were lovely. They also had BBQ packs which we ordered to cook on our amazing balcony.

Room service came in each day and did an amazing - and swift - job.

Everywhere was airconditioned - which was needed!

As well as the amazing beach on the doorstep, the children also enjoyed the on site pool. It was cold - but you soon got used to it.

Steven let us stay in the property until late in the afternoon as our flight out of Perth was late evening. This was incredibly helpful with small children.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and wouldn’t hesitate to return. It has also made us even more confident in the ‘small luxury hotel of the world’ group - as we’ve never had a bad stay at one anywhere in the world! We must try some more!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Adam M, General Manager at Smiths Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2018

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback. It's wonderful to hear you had such a great stay with us here at Smiths Beach Resort!

While we are blessed with Mother Nature’s awe inspiring beauty, it is our wonderful team that we are most humbled about. I am so very fortunate with an exceptional team who are passionate about our guests it is so wonderful to see them recognized. Thank you for your compliments for our Assistant Manager Steven. He is thrilled with your recognition and all of us are exceptionally proud of him for having done so well.

On behalf of the entire team and I hope to see you soon again and thank you once again for a wonderful review that you have shared with us.

Kindest Regards,