Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Once a thriving settlement

Reviewed 1 October 2020
Dan L
Bunbury, Australia

All reviews well worth a visit police station old village alpacas cafe settlement school history restoration wa government goal farms
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2021

You pay to enter this historic settlement but fail to see what they use the money for. The buildings need to be maintained especially as everything is very old. The cottages have to be cleaned up a little bit as there are animal fur and droppings on the beds and the old furniture and things on display inside are very dusty and dirty.

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 23 October 2020

My wife and I visited there today, 23/10/2020 but because my wife is still recovering from illness she returned to the Cafe. I investigated the buildings and in 2 of them I had somewhat spooky experiences. In the former convent, I felt I was being watched, while in the former police station/ goal I heard a loud crash despite the fact that I was alone in both buildings. Haunted or not this place is well worth a visit.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Central Greenough developed as the local administration centre with the establishment of churches, schools, government stores, administrative and law enforcement to service surroundings farms. Last time I passed this area in 1981, some buildings seemed derelict and overgrown. Great to see the extend of restoration in intervening years and to be able to read the history of each building. Certainly one of the National Trusts better sites in WA.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 21 August 2020

I was really interested in seeing and photographing the old buildings (and seeing the Llama and Alpacas!). It was a nice walk around the area and interesting to look through the old village buildings.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 16 December 2019

We stopped in on our way south back to Perth, hoping to find and old (deserted) village charm, but were truly disappointed, as the place does not offer anything to see nor do.
You might as well save your time (and money) and skip this place.

Date of experience: October 2019