“Schwartzwaldtorte”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Enormous peace of pastry, which tasted quit good. The service was provided by Hotel Dollenberg. Nice views from the terrace on the peacefull surrounding hills.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

A very nice place where the restaurant is placed. Great place while hiking through the Black Forest. Very nice view. Also possible to reach by car. Delicious but not too much expensive food. With big menues.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Having enjoyed a couple of walks in the area we were glad of finding this lovely restaurant. We were only looking for a light lunch and were pleased with our choice which was very tasty and reasonably priced. Given the remoteness of the location I find no reason to complain and would certainly recommend this "hut" for a midday meal. (By hut think large restaurant! ) The outside balcony tables make the meal even more enjoyable. The overall experience is, for me, typical Blackforrest and super.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We had the pleasure of visiting Allerheiligen, then came here for a meal after our sight seeing. Overall, I likely would have given this a 3.5 rating if I could. Nothing warranted the "Very Good" as tauted by a 4 rating, but the overall experience was better than average. I enjoyed my schnitzel (although it was undersized and overpriced compared to many other options in the Black Forest and Baden-Wurttemberg area). The Blacj Forest cake was a big draw there. During our meal, we saw them go through three full cakes and had a fourth on the way. We were there with my wife's parents, and all four of us enjoyed our meals. Again, better than the straight 3 rating.

We actually had relatively good service. The staff was attentive, and even worked with me to make sure my father-in-law didn't get to pay the tab. :-) I'm glad we got to dine there, but do not feel any need to return there given how out of the way it is.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We came to visit the Renchtalhuette on the first day of our holiday.
The view is stunning and also the playground is nice for the kids. The prices are ok.

My meal of the day was tasty but the portionsize rather small, the other meals were larger portion sizes but the Schitzels were rather chewy and the chips overdone.

The steps on the poutdoor area were damaged but there were no signs that indicated caution and they were fixed while guests tried to pass the area.

But it's biggest let down was the staff. The waiter clearly didnt enjoy his job and I felt like apologising for being there. He made no eye contact, never smiled and when we asked for the condiments that the chips were suppose to be served with, they were never served.

The restaurant wasnt busy but we had to wait for everything lomger than expected.
I would hope the management works on the issues!