“Margaritas and holy mole-Excellent!!!”

Maria's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 130 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 13, 2015

I have been going to Maria's Mexican Restaurant for years! It was a must visit on my way back home from Arizona to New York state. Their smooth premium margaritas are top notch! No tangy sour taste here, just smooth as silk. Be careful, they can knock you down! And the holy mole home made chips with guacamole, and queso cheese is addictive. Fresh and tasty. The rest of the entree's are really great as well. Unlike my former post about another Mexican restaurant in Sodus, NY, Maria's is in Webster, and by far the better choice on value, food and service. Its an odd location on Ridge Road in the back of an old church and on the lower level. The decor is simple, and somewhat uninspiring, but people know this as a place to go for great food, and top notch service. Its a family business that has lasted for decades. They are very friendly, and accommodating. I love Maria's Mexican!

1  Thank artqueen

Reviewed June 19, 2015

My husband found Maria's when we first re-located to Upstate New York in 1990. We both grew up in So. Calif. and finding authentic Mexican Food in this area was difficult! We seldom choose our Mexican restaurants by their decor. If that was the case, we would have never tried this hidden jewel. We choose them for their food alone. We have 2 Mexican restaurants in the town we live in, and we drive a little over 45 minutes each way to get to Maria's! We love their enchiladas but we really go there for the Holy Mole'!! Don't miss it! They make their own tortillas and the food is ALWAYS FRESH and never disappointing!

Reviewed May 1, 2015

This is an authentic Mexican restaurant. Everything is homemade from the chips to the margarita's. If you are not used to authentic Mexican food - stick to Taco Bell or Monte Alban. You will not get a better margarita anywhere else in this city. The food is always consistently good. They make really good guacamole too.

Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

Decided to try Maria's late Friday, this was my first time and while I liked the decor- sadly that is all I enjoyed. We received a small basket of chips/salsa after we were seated, took a few minutes to have served take our drink order-with no mention of any specials... Server did not ask if we had been there before, took our order with no recommendations... Our food came quickly, but was very bland.. I ordered a shredded chicken tostada and it was just the tortilla, some warm chicken and lettuce and a few small pieces of tomato. The shredded chicken burrito was worse.. It was absolutely plain ... No cheese or lettuce or sauce of any kind... My boyfriend had the need tostada- same issue but at least his enchilada had sauce on it.. I'm not sure if I ordered wrong or what but I would not go back.... Monte Alban is a much better value.

Reviewed March 29, 2015

We love to go to Maria's for authentic Mexican dishes. Food is made fresh and the service is friendly. They also make a great Margarita.