See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2015

I was here 13 years ago, when it was a GREAT place. The hotel shows a little that the owner is not resident anymore. Still, VERY attentive staff. Leila, the manager, is great. Extremelly professional and aware of details, always making all the effort to help guests. The rooms are find, even though a little damp (it was rainy season), but you will find dampness also in more expensive nearby hotels. They are renovating the rooms with is a big plus. The only thing that I will grade with lower scores is the food. In the past they had a fantastic cook and memorable breakfast and dinners. Now it is only ok and a bit overpriced. For eating meals you should go elsewhere, maybe to the other hotels nearby or to town.
This is a very good place for families, as it is a shallow beach. My kids enjoyed enormously playing in the pools left by the tide . It is very quiet place, far from town. To get to the main town you either walk (about 1.5 hours, great walk on the beach) take the hotel bus on pre-defined schedules or call a cap (50 reais each way).
We had a good time and would return. It is a very good value for your money.
Thaks Leila, you were GREAT.

PS. They have a small shop where your kids can spend an afternoon creating their own teeshirt or painting. The lady that runs it, Laura, is very good with kids. Mine loved it (60 reais for the activity, which can continue sometimes in the next day)

Room Tip: In july, look for the chalets where the sun shine, this reduces dampness.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

hotel located in paradise...Beautiful beach just in front of the hotel, warm, safe crystal clear ocean...hotel surrounded by nature, you swimm at the pool listening to the birds and drinking tropical drinks, a perfect destination for families, couples, or anyone who wants "to get away from it all"...breakfast was just ok, just like the room, which could be a little bit more confy, and could have things such as toiletries, modern tv, etc...A very good experience, anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dannydanny2
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for 5 days and it was a very nice experience although there are a lot of things that can be improved. The place is wonderful, the rooms were nice and well cleaned, TVs and air con worked well, bathrooms were ok too. The food was very, very good and the caipirinhas well made.
The bad points are mostly about maintenance. Many of the sun beds were broken, the games room that were supposed to offer pool, snooker, table soccer and table tennis were a disaster. Nothing worked properly and it was easy to see that they were very old and falling apart. A real pity. The website also said that they offered snorkelling but when we asked for the equipment in the reception the answer we heard was: it shouldn't be there, I've already asked the website people to take it out. Pretty bad...
One serious thing was that they don't have a first aid kit. My sister had a bad cut in her foot and the hotel couldn't even provide a plaster. Not only that but the receptionist gave really bad advice on what to do with the cut when I asked for the first aid kit (I'm a qualified first aider in England). It's a shame that a hotel can't provide a first aid kit so just in case, bring a small one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AndreaD4
Reviewed 12 January 2007

I went with my wife for a week last December.

This hotel has some good and bad things.Depending on each one's likes and interests, it can be great or average. So, I will point out each feature, so you can make up your mind

Location: Quite far from the "villa". Daily transportation in small vehicles is provided at the hotel to and from the villa on fixed schedules, which must be booked at the hotel. The trip takes around 20 minutes, not much, but after a week I begun feeling like it took 1 hour. You are definitely far from the action (villa and first and second beaches), where you have more restaurants, shows, etc.

Beach: Quite desert, the only hotel is Praia do Encanto, giving a very relaxing atmosphere.
The sea is very good, rocky in some places, but other than that, calm and transparent waters. Avoid rocky places or bring your water shoes (you cannot buy them in Morro).
For some this may be a turn-off: from the beach you can see two oil platforms (far away but viewable). These are not seen from other beaches in Morro.

Restaurant: The indoor restaurant looks pretty old but the key here is the restaurant/bar by the sea. At night you can hear nothing but the sea while enjoying dinner. Prices are reasonable. Not all juices served are natural, so ask before asking so you can enjoy a fresh, just squizzed juice.

Rooms: Very plain, just a bed, one small table at each side and a (12") TV. It has cable, but only 10 channels, all of them in Portuguese...The AC works fine, wich was essential because the heat is unbearable. The bathroom is small, with shower and no tub.
The resort is in the middle of the jungle, and because of that, some bugs can sneak into your room. We found two small lizards, one baby crab and couple of small spiders.
I know that some don't care about these things, but I do.

Staff: Very friendly. My wife speaks Portugese, so things were easier for us. Altough most seemed to have a vey limited English language, they try hard!

Breakfast: Not as complete as in most Brazilian hotels I've been. Some not natural juices (i.e. made with canned pulp), and not many choices (again, for Brazil standards).

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
9  Thank Bostero
Reviewed 7 October 2006

My partner and I stayed at Praia do Encanto for six nights as part of our 3 week honeymoon trip round Brazil. It was our last port of call after a hectic few weeks - and boy - did we relax!! I'm not going to go into great detail because the previous review from the person from Madeira is excellent and really covers everything - thanks! It was on this recommendation that we booked.
The hotel is wonderful - waking up in our two storey chalet in a beautiful comfortable bed with the sound of the breeze in the palm trees, the waves on the beach, the little monkeys chattering and the birds singing. Then to breakfast - a treat every morning with lovely fresh fruit and juices, breads cakes and YES, the guava jam! Then sit by the pool - there was hardly anyone staying there when we were there being winter, but still HOT! A few beers, a strole to the coral pools, and then lunch! Beautiful menu, so well cooked, not all Brazilian fare, try the lobster, even the spag bol is really good! The staff were all great, they don't speak any english apart from Carlos - he is limited to 'hello my friend!' - but this wasn't a problem as my partner is brazilian! I've never been looked after so well, and I've stayed in loads of hotels worldwide being an ex-flight attendant.
We went to the town a for couple of evenings -it's really cool, probably like Ibiza was 30 years ago. Totally relaxed, don't get dressed up! Some good restaurants and bars, lots of shops and stalls. However, the journey on the hotel bus or truck is a pain especially after a big meal and lots of wine! Bumpy and very uncomfortable for 1/2 an hour. So if you want to go out every night, stay near the town.
I'll look back on our stay with very fond memories for a long time - and who knows, next time we are in the NorthEast, we may head back.
If you want more info email me at andybuckmaster@hotmail.com.
Thanks Neide for making our stay so wonderful! Andrew & Jose