See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2015

It is such a lovely pousada on the main square in Morro. It was very close to the port and a 10 min walk to the 2d beach.
Although the staff almost does not speak any English, we managed to somehow understand each other.
We had booked a budget room as it was our transit night on the way to Boipeba, but if we would have stayed a bit longer I would upgrade to a better room. The design of the place was very lovely with great attention to the detail.
Breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dainty_Maid
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I LOVED my stay here! Morro de Sao Paulo in general is amazing, and this hotel made me enjoy my time there even more. It was super comfortable, and clean, with a really nice breakfast, a nice pool on the roof where you can see the ocean in the distance, and the whole hotel is decorated with really cool hard which creates a great energy. It is in the middle of the town so you can easily walk to the beaches and all the restaurants and bars. I highly recommend

Room Tip: Rooms facing the plaza are a little bit loud at night.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Great place in the entrance to morro de sao paulo (if you strong enough, don't need a taxi). The room is cozy, clean with a nice smell. The stuff is great, Carmen, the owner, was very very helpful. The breakfast was excellent.
The only problem was that the hotel went through some renovation that made some noise.
All in all it is one of the best places to stay.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YossiZinger
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In December 2013 we visited "Solar das Artes" for the fourth time. So, in our modest opinion, we can analyze it from several angles.
First of all, they have made not only one renovation but several which means that the owner worries about the welfare of their guests.
As for as breakfast, it is superb!
Finally, the staff is attentive, kind and helpful. And on the top of that, you can have a conversation with Carmen, the owner, in English.

P.S. As "Pousada Das Artes" is located in the center of the village you can listen to a variety of songs and sounds all around. But it is part and parcel of the environment.

Lucila Prestes

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lucila P
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed ten days there and I can tell you for sure that Morro de São Paulo has better places to offer. In this specific "pousada" the owner shows no respect to her guests and employees. I often saw her shouting at the staff and she was always complaining. Everyone was afraid of her so the atmosphere was quite heavy. Breakfast was strange: juice had huge pieces of fruit inside, cakes were old and hard, some things smell like rotten and everything came in very small amounts. There are a lot of cockroaches in the rooms, satelite TV doesn't work quite often, swimming pool was dirty and the "free internet" is quite slow, besides there is only one computer available to all guests. Every month they have a new receptionist and each one of them will inform you different rates, apparently it depends on the mood of Mrs.Carmen (the owner) in that day. I remember a couple from Israel that stayed there and had problems in their bathroom; when they complained that the toilet's flush wasn't working Mrs.Carmen suggested in a very rude way that they broke it on purpose by throwing a couple rolls of toilet paper inside the toilet just for the hell of it. It was embarrassing and these guests told me they felt quite humiliated. Besides, I am allergic to cats and I even told Mrs.Carmen about it, but her cats are all over the place and I found it utterly disrespectful. Not to mention that this expensive "pousada" is located in the main square so it's very loud in the rooms, you will always hear people screaming, bands playing, music, etc and it's impossible to sleep well like this. Honestly? Just go somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo