DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Al Minar(Stone Town)
Al Johari(Stone Town)
  • Breakfast included
Beyt Al Salaam(Stone Town)
View Hotel
Dhow Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
View Hotel
Tausi Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
Kisiwa House(Stone Town)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdouble treerooftop restaurantwelcome cookietop floorrestaurant staffwalking distancebreakfast buffeteasy accessspecial thanksenjoyed my staylovely hotelperfect staycomfortable staycomfortable roomswalking tourstayed for one nightprison island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stone town is nothing special but this hotel exceeds in its location and service. The breakfast is amazing up on the top floor and staff on great. We had dinner one night up on the balcony but it was expensive and nothing special. Look elsewhere for good food.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Retired_teacher_56
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Retired_teacher_56 for taking the time and sharing your experience here on Trip advisor. I am happy to hear you found the overall service , staff assistance, Hotel location and breakfast spread to your liking. I Also appreciate your comments on the dinning experience at our signature roof top restaurant Taarab. And if you give us the pleasure to serve you again, I would highly recommend to try some of our signatures if you did not try it , like the famous coconut crab soup or Jewels of Taarab and Its a decent value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Stone in the not too distant future!

We are ready when you’re are!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had amazing stays at the Double Tree, always feeling like home. The beds are very comfortable and I like when I have to sleep in a room that is very dark and even in the morning the light in the room is not that full because of the heavy curtains. The famous Double Tree Chocolate cookies are a must.

Room Tip: More TV Channels
Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jmrengo
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you jmrengo for the 5 star review.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our famous comfortable ( SWEET DREAMS) mattress brand and the famous warm welcome Chocolate chip cookie.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved every second of our stay. I was reluctant about staying at the Hilton as I felt we may not get the full Stonetown experience but how wrong could I have been because it would be too much like staying in any Hilton anywhere in the world. One of the highlights of the hotel is the rooftop/balcony terrace which has offers a magnificent view of Stonetown. A delicious breakfast is served here daily and you can also have dinner and drinks there in the evening and watch the sunset. The staff were so accommodating and friendly and added to an all round fantastic experience. They went out of their way to help us and made our time in Stonetown. Staying here was a definite highlight of our 2 week trip to Zanzibar! The location is also fantastic and in walking distance to all the sights and restaurants

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry d
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Kerry for this exquisite review!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience and that the staff attentivness and friendliness added to your fantastic experience and that the breakfast spread and Taarab roof top restaurant experience were to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town not in the too distant future!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The rooms here were really really lovely, and i wouldn't hesitate to book here again. unfortunately we could only stay for one night.

the beds were very soft, but my bed was a little noisy! overtime i moved it would squeak.

the bathrooms were lovely and the showers were nicely sized.

great location to explore stone town. on a map it looks like is is quite far away, but the city itself is very small! perfect for exploring.

we had the buffet breakfast on the rooftop which was really nice! great spread and selection.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you Parismeow for the five star review.

I am happy you found the overall accommodation , hotel location and breakfast spread to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town in the near future and we hope next visit you plan to stay longer with us to enjoy Stone Town and our hospitality more!

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I stayed here for one night after a safari and having stayed the previous nights in a tent, it felt great to sleep in a nice and quiet, albeit not very big room, which had a great, clean bathroom. There was complimentary bottled water in the room although we did not spot a note saying that the water was complimentary, we just assumed and asked the receptionist later, who confirmed that indeed it was. There was a good Wifi in the hotel including our room which we appreciated. The hotel looks nice inside and it is in a very central location in Stone Town. This was perfect for us because we did a Stone Town tour the following morning. The breakfast buffet was fine and the waiters were attentive. There are nice views over the city towards the sea from the terrace, where you eat your breakfast .There was plenty of choice and an omelette station but you had to pay extra for a latte which I always find a bit disappointing when in my view good coffee should be included in the price you pay for breakfast. Some items at breakfast that should have been hot were a bit cold and the croissants were dry and did not taste good. The check-out was slow for example because our airport transfer and the latte I had had did not show in their system and the reception had to ring the restaurant when I mentioned the latte. Despite these few areas for improvement, overall, this was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Thank you GoMundo for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor .

I am happy to hear you found the hotel location, cleanliness of rooms, breakfast spread and WiFi speed to you liking.

I have reviewed your other valuable comments with the team here and we have already taken corrective measures. And I would love to discuss it further with you. If you like, please contact me on yehia.elmansoury@hilton.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town in the not too distant future!