Coral Azur Beach Resort(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Spa
  • Free Internet
Le Sakoa Hotel(Trou aux Biches)
US$181
US$149
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$322
Be Cosy Apart Hotel(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$187
US$308
Hotels.com
US$192
Orbitz.com
Anba's(Trou aux Biches)
Belle Haven Luxury Apartments(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
1,401 results
All reviewsself serviceacross the roadall inclusive packageall inclusive drinkssmall roadtea and coffeeglass bottom boatgrand baiecurrymini barboat housean indianfiltered waterhoneymoon stayindian guestssuperior roombeach towels
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel. Internet ONLY in lobby and I mean step out and it's gone, seaside - you have to walk and it's DIRTY, and rocky. This kind of beach you'd expect from Turkey not from Mauritius. Noisy. Poor aircon. Food very average. Drinks bad. Staff look like they are lost.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank J3L3N4
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Client,

We thank you for your review and would like to comment on the following points.

Internet is available free of charge in the lobby,by the bar and swimming pool and in Privilege and Deluxe rooms. You booked a superior room, as such with no Wi Fi.

Our beach is advertised everywhee as situated across a secondary road. There is a secured pedestrian crossing for both adults and children, in accordance with the standard norms of safety prevailing in Mauritius. We have not met with any problem to date!

We have had, since the beginning of this year, a number of rainy days and, as such, the tidal waves do bring some corals to shore. However, our Maintenance Staff ensures that the beach is cleaned on a daily basis.

As for the air-conditioning, had you expressed your dissatisfaction to our Front Desk, your complaint would have been relayed to our Maintenance team and immediate action would have been taken to remedy the situation.

During your stay, we offrered:
Breakfast: seasonal fruits and other fruits such as pineapple, banana, orange, apple, papaya, dried fruit. We have a menu program for 14 days with a different theme buffet every day.
Lunch: 3 mixed salads, 4 varieties of raw vegetables with vinaigrette, 1 dish of fish and 1 dish of meat or chicken or pork or lamb with rice/pasta/vegetables grilled, chips, etc.).
Dinner: 5 mixed salads, 4 varieties of raw vegetables, a dish of fish and chicken or pork or lamb as well as 4 different side dishes such as rice, French fries, pasta, vegetables. We have, in addition, for dinner an Indian corner with 3 different varieties of curry with either nan, farata or ti pourris.
Desserts during lunch: 3 varieties of desserts + ice and 3 varieties of fruits.
Desserts for dinner: 4 varieties of desserts as well as sliced fruit.

As you can see from previous reviews, our staff is very professional and never appears at a lost.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were 5 couples. Along with Seychelles had visited this place for long leisure tour.
We were treated like royalty and nothing was too much of an effort for staff! The location is perfect as well! The resort is situated about 7 km from Grand Baie and everything is easily accessible.

For 3.5/4 star Resort it was simply just more than we could expect. Why?

Rooms and Stay : The rooms are fine,both spacious and clean. The room we stayed in was neatly made up daily and it was done with pride. the shower big enough to shower with your partner, the balcony overlooking palm trees and the two ponds at the north end of the resort.
Food : Good spread for breakfast. Local Pheonix beer and Green Island Rum are very good that’s what I heard the most. The dining at the resort includes a wide variety of food from the buffet and drinks was great. The dining is mainly Indian (curry) foods, but one that dislikes curry will also have other options. I would recommend the all inclusive package, as you get a lot of value for the package and is also allot more economical. The Food is healthy and caters very well for Vegetarians (probably because of the Indian guests and Swiss like me). The variety is big enough with always having an Indian buffet with Roti / Chappatis / Curries a salad buffet always with salad we Europeans are familiar with
Evening entertainment is relaxed with most people retiring well before midnight.

The Service is really good as the staff is extremely friendly and I felt like it's an honest friendlyness and not just a corporate smile. And if a plate has been removed from your table too quickly because you only wanted to get some more bread to eat it with the rest of your daal, then that's not too much of a deal. The staff in the Restaurant is extremely attentive (for some it seems to be too attentive) and if one thing is running out it is quickly replaced with a new one. Everything is clean which is no certainty at all. You can walk around barefoot everywhere (I have rarely seen such a clean pool area). Not that you should walk barefoot in the restaurant! Mind you! But you could if you wanted to.
If I had to list the negatives, perhaps one or two areas of the hotel could do with a lick of paint. For me the biggest problem was the small road that separates the hotel from the beach. Yes it is a small road, but it's busy from early in the morning and there is a road noise affecting the rooms along the front.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank HBSClicks

Dear Client,

We would, first of all, like to thank you for having taken some time to review your recent stay at our property.

We are glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that everything was up to your expectations.

As for the negatives, we would just like to point out that one of the specific features of our property is to be lime painted. In winter and during the rainy season (which is presently the case), it is absolutely necessary to whitewash on dry surfaces … we therefore really need a lot of sun to carry out those works. We also wish to inform you that we carry out a refurbishment program annually so as to meet guests’ expectations. The program for this year pertains to our hotel rooms!

Our beach is situated across a secondary road. There is a secured pedestrian crossing for both adults and children, in accordance with the standard norms of safety prevailing in Mauritius.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, at our property.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel purely for location, price and it was all inclusive.

My review is honest and I booked this hotel with an open mind after reading previous reviews.

We was welcomed by reception, we never experienced any rudeness as stated in previous posts. We was lucky enough to be upgraded to a bungalow, which was a bonus for us as it had a separate bedroom so our 3 year old could be put to bed and we still had an area to sit in of an evening.

The bungalow was well kept, house keeping was amazing even to the point I felt guilty that I would try to make my bed the way our house keeper would before she arrived (she still remade it) sheets all tucked in and presented lovely. I cannot fault the attention to detail. Also to Ashley who helped with the WiFi situation in our room, having family in Mauritius it was easier for me to stay in contact (I’m not usually bothered about WiFi when on holiday but this time I kind of needed it)

The hotel staff in general were lovely and pleasant and were always attentive to our 3 year old daughter. Even in the restaurant they would ensure she had something to eat and if not we could order off the kids menu.

The restaurant is ok, on previous posts people have moaned about the food, I get why, but some nights there are things you just don’t fancy but you’ll always find something to eat. The best night was creole night, I mean where best to eat Mauritian food??!!! Obviously in Mauritius. You should hold them nights more often.

The information given to you about all inclusive could be more detailed. Not all drinks are included in the all inclusive. For example bottled water needs to be paid for but you can drink the bottled water from your mini bar in your room. You were always given filtered water at meal times it didn’t bother us but just for future reference. I specifically wanted an all inclusive hotel, having a fussy 3 year old that doesn’t really eat meals and grazes throughout the day I thought this was the best option to request snacks when required. Unfortunately these are not included in the all inclusive packages. My daughter ate lunch at 12pm and then dinner would be at 7.30pm! The hotel were very good and if I requested her dinner early, they were more than happy to prepare it for her, the only downfall would be that she would still need to stay awake as dinner is not served until 7.30. As a family hotel I do feel that dinner time should be earlier.

Beach towels-there is never any beach towels, or not enough! The hotel just need to invest in more towels and put more into circulation you just don’t have enough for the amount of guests you have. I was fed up asking and being told the same thing, that there were no towels left. I changed our towels once in the 2 weeks we was there.

Overall I can’t complain about this hotel. I would stay here again. The location is great, more so for us as I have family in the north, beach across the road which didn’t bother us walking across the road too. The staff were lovely and I am so going to miss Mauritius...until next time.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank ES174

Dear ES174,

We would like to thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at the Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are glad to learn that you were overall satisfied with the servifes provided.

Your all inclusive package is subject to a contractual agreement between the Tour Operator and the hotel within a defined budget to provide specific services. Bottled water as well as snacks do not form part of this package.

As regards dinner, we have a children's menu available at the Restaurant and you can contact one of our supervisors, should you wish your child to dine earlier than 7.30 p.m.

We have taken good note of your comment regarding beach towels and would just like to point out that your stay was during the rainy season, which caused some inconvenience with the towels in circulation.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, at our property.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that i did not like the staff at all.
They are very rude and savage type.
Useless people. I ordered for some shampoos and conditioners after 2hrs i got it. Such waste of time and money as well. Spa was terrible.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank roopy09
Direction11, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear roopy09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are sorry to read your comment and do not understand what really happened during your stay. As we do not have your full name to track your file, we won't be able to investigate further.

We are surprised about your description of our staff and Spa. It is not positive and does not correspond with the usual profile we look for.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and hoped we could have found a solution on site.
Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Very nice hotel. Went there for a day in December 2017 along with the family...had a very good time. Kid's had their corner, ladies went to the aquagymin the pool, guys went to the tennis court...had a very good experience. Food was great as well. Great place to have some photoshoot as well (Will try to upload some random one).

Only drawback was the customer service was not to the highest level. It was one of the hottest days during that time, the sun was like just on top of our head most of the day and everybody was dehydrating. And after the lunch time, We had to spend nearly 1 hour to look for water to drink for the kids and baby.

Otherwise, the experience was very good.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kreshna1106

Dear Kreshna1106,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent journey with us at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the hotel services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Best regards from our team.