“Local place with really good food and nice service”

Maya Cafe and Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We were traveling through and happened upon Maya Cafe at lunchtime. There were quite a few cars in the parking lot so we took a chance and went in. Really festive atmosphere inside with lots of colors and flags of Latin America. Had lovely service and the food was really fresh and tasty. We particularly recommend the Mariachi Loco and Mexican Cobb Salad. Nice portions and fast lunchtime service without rushing us. Will stop here again.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy the food and margaritas here. Very good service with outside seating available. Very busy at times. Worth the visit

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

There are two locations in the Hudson Valley; one in Fishkill and one in Wappingers Falls. We usually go to the smaller one in WF. There's a nice selection of Mexican food, at reasonable prices. On our most recent visit I had the Combo Maya special and Mexican corn (see the picture I posted for the contents of these meals). My wife had the Shrimp tacos. We thoroughly enjoyed these dishes, and will come back here yet again. The only suggestion I have is to arrive for dinner early before it gets too crowded.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Along with their sister restaurant, Cafe Maya, on Rt.9 in Fishkill, these owners put out a very extensive set of menu options, from traditional tacos, enchiladas, burritos, flautas, etc, to much more sophisticated fare (shrimp, steaks, chicken, etc). Quality is very good. They make a good margarita, either by the glass or by the pitcher. Lively atmosphere. Sometimes they have strolling musicians.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

It started out by being seated in a booth near the bar when the employee's started dropping things on the ground that sounded like train wrecks. We had to listen to the employees DropF bombs every 5 minutes until they finally stopped. The waiter was less than attentive apparently getting ready for Saturday night ignoring us for a long time. We were a party of four but didn't order any alcohol 80 bucks. I ordered chicken fajita it came back as maybe half of a breast smothered in onions and peppers. It only came with 3 tortillas so I asked if I could have two more to cover what was on my plate they charged me $0.50 without even telling me. Not the money just the principle behind it every little thing they're going to nickel-and-dime you on. When we left out in the parking lot there was a group of employees smoking something it wasn't tobacco you should have seen him scurry. We will never ever go back.