“Problem this visit”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babe's Macaroni Grill & Bar is located less then a half mile south of Interstate 90. We are open from 11:00am - 12:00am daily. At Babe's we have a very large dining room and a separate bar area. We offer our lunch and dinner menu all day available for eat in or takeout. We have indoor and outdoor seating available. At Babe's we seat over 300 and we welcome reservations.
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Normally, I find myself rating restaurants on the higher side than most. This was not the case yesterday, when I stopped by for lunch. I sat at the bar and ordered "The Ultimate BLT Wrap" for lunch, which looked good on the menu. My waitress (the bartender) was very nice, and she was very prompt at taking my drink order and lunch order. However, when the wrap came out, it was loaded with bacon that was VERY overcooked. I'm not talking "crispy," but pretty much black, to the point of where it was crumbing out of the wrap. I'm not sure of what happened, but you'd think that the folks in the kitchen would have just thrown these bacon strips away rather than putting them in someone's wrap. I know I should have said something to the bartender earlier, because later, as I was asking for my bill, I showed it to her and she immediately offered to take it back to the kitchen to show the cooks. I know they would have made it right, but I wasn't super hungry by then anyway, and I had to get back on the road. I would go back to this place, as I've had a number of good meals here in the past. However, I could not assign this meal a score of higher than 3. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I came to this restaurant because I was staying in a hotel a few minutes away and the clerk at the front desk recommended that it would not be a place where they would have a problem with a solo guest on a Friday night. I was not disappointed.

The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. I ordered one of the most expensive things on the menu, a New York strip steak with a salad and a baked potato ($23.99). The salad was a typical garden salad, nothing special and served a little too cold but the dressing was exceptional. The side order of onion rings were huge and tasty. The baked potato was enormous and a bit undercooked (perhaps a slightly smaller potato is in order). The portion of steak was very large, almost too much and, while not steakhouse quality, was nicely done.

The selection of draft beers available was a bit uninspired but a 23 oz our of local favorite Saranac was $6, an outstanding bargain.

The server was very friendly and efficient.

There was no room for dessert. I thought about going back the next night but opted for a small salad instead.

And I was not the only solo dinner on a Friday night. A man came in and was seated at a booth not too far from mine. He ordered the fish fry special for $9.99. He seemed very happy with it.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We get together about once a month. Great food excellent prices. Wonderful staff. Look forward to going back month after month

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

AWESOME team at this restaurant! Great food... great beer... great environment and local, as well as your favorite beer.

Definite “recommend” if you’re in Utica...driving by, or drive TO Utica to eat and drink here

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit to Babe’s. We keep going back. The menu is extensive and makes it hard to choose. Their pasta is wonderful and plentiful. The burgers are outstanding. They serve the local beers and soda...yummy. Cozy atmosphere and friendly staff.