“Another fine dining experience at The Willows”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
Ranked #16 of 200 Restaurants in Utica
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My family surprised me on my birthday with a meal at The Willows. We arrived early and only a few tables were occupied, but the restaurant filled up by the time we left. The main dining room is a larger, open space and although a filled room increased the noise level, I didn't mind. It made the place feel alive! Our meals were fantastic, from my little neck clams in a Creole sauce appetizer, to the fresh dinner salad, to my Italian seafood Brodotto (?) entree. The shellfish where all fresh, not over cooked and delicious. My wife ordered eggplant Parmesan, which was delicious also. We later found out that the meal was prepared to order, basically from scratch, not a reheated portion from a premade casserole. The artisan quality breads were baked on premises and all the desserts where made there as well. If we had a criticism, it was that all the entree portions were too large for us to eat at one sitting, so we could only share one excellent creme brûlée with our delicious coffees. Consistently outstanding. One of our favorite restaurants, anywhere!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My husband, cousin and I enjoyed a New Year's Eve dinner here at the Willows and it was to die for! Wow! Both my cousin and I got the salmon and my husband got the filet all were incredible! We also all got salads, which were delicious and fresh. My husband and I split a butternut squash bisque, which was delicious. We had the chocolate cheesecake and creme-brulee for dessert, both of which were heavenly. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly and attentive. They even offered free champagne toasts, which was wonderful for New Year's Eve. I love coming here for dinner and I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The Willows is great. They have a proper chef and the food is consistent and delicious. The staff are friendly and the restaurant comfortable. The ambiance is a little basic, but it does the job.

When I'm in the mood for typical Utica Italian food I often come here. I am always satisfied with my food and in fact, it usually blows me away because I don't expect it to be so good- chefy, actually. They also have some more items on the menu than your average Utica restaurant. The duck is one of my favorite of their dishes and it's among the best duck I've ever had (duck can easily be chewy and this has been perfectly cooked both times I've had it).

I'm always happy to come here. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The food was acceptable, although not as impressive as I had hoped, but I would never return due to the extremely loud and uncomfortable dining room. I have eaten in hundreds of restaurants and never had such an awful experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Can't believe I waited so long to go here. Went there on a Tuesday night and it was busy. The service was exceptional. Attended by the hostess, waitress, bus boy and even the bartender. The menu was extensive but the special was a hit. The ribeye was so huge that Fred Flintstone would have loved it. All the dinners were very good at our table. Really loved the Chicken Lukatelli. Their version of greens is Romaine which I like the best. I can't wait to return for another great meal with excellent service.

2  Thank dallasguyDallas

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!