“Dinner”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 119
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tarrytown, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Sleepy Hollow/Tarrytown and decided to eat dinner here. I don’t eat beef or pork but I know they have a good seafood menu. I come here for the rest of my family and I’m never disappointed. Staff was friendly and attentive. Food was great! Great family atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Where to begin? Had reservation but still had to wait 20 minutes for the table. Waited nearly 45 minutes for drinks to arrive after ordering. When dinner finally arrived, one entree was wrong and all side dishes were cold. The food that was at the right temperature was good, but cold mashed potatoes were like paste. Servers seemed to be rushed, as if they were short staffed. Experience was not worth the more than $500 for a party of 7.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Meal was pleasant. Service fine. Private label wines are a very good value. Food was good but not a really fine, NYC steak house.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Waited more than 5 minutes to be noticed at the bar with 2 bartenders working. Steak was over done and the guy next to me said his medium steak was a hockey puck. Men's room had no towels to dry my hands. Staff spent a lot of time complaining to each other right in front of customers. Not what I expected from a place with such a great reputation.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I ate at Ruth's Chris tonight for the first time. The staff couldn't possibly be more accommodating. They went out of their way to find a quiet table for me. The waiters and bus help are tru pros. The manager came around twice to check on us.

As far as the food is concerned, I ordered the filet mignon and lobster mac and cheese. The filet was cooked as ordered. The lobster mac and cheese was good. I guess what I would say is that there are a bunch of steakhouses that are good or very good, just not outstanding ... and this is one of them. I have enjoyed my steak more at Mortons or Del Friscos or maybe even Capital Grille. There is nothing wrong with places like Ruth's Chris and others. The steak was very good. It's just not as good as the "top tier".