“Good food”

Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Suffern
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Went there because they have tamales which many restaurants don't. I had the combination platter priced at $14.95 which was reasonable. Food was fast and good. I would not say it was the best I ever had but good. I will however say they need to do some dusting. The blinds were full of dust to the point I almost left before ordering.

1  Thank Roberto R

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The barman makes a very good margarita while you wait for a table. Chips are served warm with excellent salsa. The chicken fajitas I had were probably the best I ever had and there was so much if it that I took the rest home. Also very friendly service, an all round wonderful evening.

We've been here before and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Staff is very friendly, good chips and salsa, above average margaritas, and the mole sauce is the real deal.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Looks like not much from the outside and right on the railroad tracks. Place is cozy, staff really friendly and prompt. Food and beverage really authethic.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We have dined at Tequila Sal Y Limon many times and it is always very good. The restaurant is small, cozy and serves authentic Mexican food that is more than the typical taco and burrito joint. Fresh salsa and tortilla chips are placed on the table as soon as you are seated. They have a great variety of seafood, steak, chicken and beef dishes with interesting sauces and spices. We shared the crabmeat flautas and the quesadillas for appetizers. For entrees we ordered the fajitas, shrimp bandera, shrimp empanizados, and the grilled NY strip steak. All were served with refried beans, rice and vegetables. They have a full bar and the margaritas are great. We all highly recommend Tequila Sal Y Limon for a great Mexican meal.