“Excellent Italian on SI!”

Villa Paradiso Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #52 of 1,005 Restaurants in Staten Island
Neighborhood: Bay Terrace (Staten Island)
Neighborhood: Bay Terrace (Staten Island)
Reviewed 1 December 2018

Went here for my friend's mom's birthday who was turning 70! Everything from the food, to the fun atmosphere to great friendly hospitality and service was excellent. They feature live music (at leaast on Saturday) and invite anyone to sing and dance. The owner was super friendly! But the food was the best part from pastas to calamari to steak and especially dessert!!! If you like italian food you will love it here and the portions are family size you definitely will not leave hungry!! I cannot wait to go back!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Went there for lunch, they serve Sicilian food during lunch only(12:00-3:00). I enjoyed the fried calamari, it was made well, not rubbery. We had the panelle special(fried chick peas, ricotta, and shredded mozzarella on a roll.
The wait staff was good they checked in with us, wanting to know if all was good.
Parking was good as it is in a mall area.
I ordered Calabrese salad(mixed Salad topped with Prosciutto, Provolone, Salami and Olives) for dinner later, and a Vastedda
(spleen sandwich topped with ricotta and cheese) for a friend.
Will return.
On Friday and Saturday night they have live music. In the evening it's an Italian menu.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank wopatwoman
Reviewed 23 February 2018

You need to understand the concept of this restaurant before you try it. It is more like an Italian Supper Club. When my husband and I first walked in and were seated at our table we were a bit surprised at the loud music and the singer walking around. There were many large tables of 8+ people and as the night went on it was apparent that this is the best way to enjoy the restaurant. After reading one review where they were upset for being turned away since they did not have a reservation it’s because everyone stays the whole night. Later in the night the staff brought out utensils and pans from the kitchen and handed them out to everyone. We then proceeded to bang on them to old classic Italian songs. Other patrons later got up to sing and even one of the cooks joined in. We felt like we were in a little village in Italy celebrating with the locals.
Regarding the food, we got the impression that they prefer to make food suggestions and serve it family style but since we didn’t want the same food, we asked if we could order off the menu and they happily obliged. Everything from the drinks, to the appetizers to dinner to dessert was excellent. The seafood was freshly made as was all the other items.
So if want to enjoy this experience, invite all your friends and make a reservation!

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank 18Lauren18
Reviewed 30 January 2018

On an early Saturday evening 6:30pm ...my family & I walk in ..8 people for dinner & we were immediately stopped at the door with a tall male w/curly hair & glasses holding out the business card of the restaurant & told " Sorry we have a full house" ...I said ok thank you , but how long is your table turn-over wait ?(We didnt mind waiting a bit while having a drink at the bar ) but he said we have to turn you away ,& repeated next time make a reservation. What a turn-off ...that's NOT how you deal with a potential customer. No attempt to ask a manager or a simple " Let me see what I can do for you" ...No courtesy ..no respect. Walked out . Had a great time & wonderful, service & food at Piccolino's just a few streets away (no reservations ..5 min wait) .

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Luv M
Reviewed 18 October 2017

First time there. Ordered the Veal Parmigiana with Pasta. Veal was freshly prepared and a good size portion. The sauce was mildly flavorful, not the bold, full flavored sauce that I enjoy. My wife had the Shrimp with Pasta and found it good, but also mild in flavor. We asked for tap water with lemon. The waiter brought us bottled water. I thought that was a nice touch. However, when the bill came the bottled water, that I did not ask for, was on the bill. Told the waiter, and he replied they don't have tap water??? After further discussion, he took the water off the bill. Overall, the food was good quality and if you enjoy lightly sauced dishes, this would be a place to go. I've commented on the service. Setting is comfortable and there is free parking.

Date of visit: October 2017