“So nice to be back”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had a scrumptious dinner last night while visiting our old hometown. The bay scallops were wonderful and so was the shrimp. Had a marvelous evening!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 30 October 2018

We stopped by for a very late lunch and the place was empty (thought it was closed) but it was open and we were in between the lunch and dinner crowds.Service was great, really welcoming. I had a Blue Point Pumpkin Beer which rocked and the Flounder Sandwich: awesome! My wife had the Cod taco's, there were fantastic. We had a great lunch, price was slightly high for lunch but still we were very happy and totally stuffed. Wonderful meal, highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been to the Cull House for a number of years and just decided to try it again. It was a very pleasant experience. The place has been spruced up a bit. Food was great and so was the service. Prices are just right. We’ve been back several times and consider it our “go to” whenever we want fresh seafood without a lot of razzmatazz.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

About every 3 months I head to Long Island to visit one of my teams in North Amityville. I fly into Islip Airport because it so convenient. The last time I arrived right before dinner and searched for seafood restaurants close to the airport. I found this restaurant only about 15 minutes / 4.5 miles away from the airport and decided to give it a try.

I was seated right away and its a quaint place and feels like it was an older home at some point with smaller rooms like in a house.

I started with clam chowder (New England style) which was tasty. As other reviewers noted, they serve in a power bowl (although it was sturdy enough). I then had the Fried Fisherman's Platter that came with some very good fried shrimp, tasty (but small) bay scallops, and a huge portion of fried clams, and a nice piece of fried fish. Although not the healthiest for you, I enjoy fried seafood once in awhile and this platter hit the spot for me. I wished a few more shrimp and the fries were a little cold but overall happy with the meal.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I have been to the Cull House quite a few times, but tonight's visit was a horror. First of all, the noise was deafening. This set the pace for me. At least I could look forward to a delicious seafood meal right? My margarita was too salty for me. Then my salmon was cooked to a crisp. Crunchy and dry. At least the salad was good. My family fared a bit better with their dinner, so that's why I added one point for that. I think this place is way overpriced for plastic forks and is not worth it for me.

Date of visit: August 2018