“More like 3.5 Stars but still enjoyed it”
Review of Cull House

Cull House
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018

About every 3 months I head to Long Island to visit one of my teams in North Amityville. I fly into Islip Airport because it so convenient. The last time I arrived right before dinner and searched for seafood restaurants close to the airport. I found this restaurant only about 15 minutes / 4.5 miles away from the airport and decided to give it a try.

I was seated right away and its a quaint place and feels like it was an older home at some point with smaller rooms like in a house.

I started with clam chowder (New England style) which was tasty. As other reviewers noted, they serve in a power bowl (although it was sturdy enough). I then had the Fried Fisherman's Platter that came with some very good fried shrimp, tasty (but small) bay scallops, and a huge portion of fried clams, and a nice piece of fried fish. Although not the healthiest for you, I enjoy fried seafood once in awhile and this platter hit the spot for me. I wished a few more shrimp and the fries were a little cold but overall happy with the meal.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I have been to the Cull House quite a few times, but tonight's visit was a horror. First of all, the noise was deafening. This set the pace for me. At least I could look forward to a delicious seafood meal right? My margarita was too salty for me. Then my salmon was cooked to a crisp. Crunchy and dry. At least the salad was good. My family fared a bit better with their dinner, so that's why I added one point for that. I think this place is way overpriced for plastic forks and is not worth it for me.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after reading an article about the old clam boats of years gone by. Had a quick lunch before our afternoon flight home to Florida. Outstanding Lobster Grilled Cheese and Clam Chowder. Amber our server was so friendly too. Fabulous little throwback. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

It was good. The food was good. The service was good. The place is small. The prices were good. It was good

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We havent had an opportunity to get back here in years, but on a last minute whim we decided to "grab a drink and some apps". Drink and apps turned into a full dinner, as the menu was so irresistible. We went with our tried and true favorites at Cull House- their Fried Calamari and an order of Clams casino. Absolute perfection.
For dinner we settled (I use that term loosely, as we wanted one of everything on the menu). We "settled" for the Stuffed Shrimp entree and an order of Lobster roll. Paired with a glass of Pinot grigio and that beautiful view- you cant ask for anything more.

Date of visit: July 2018